Random Tuesday . . . Movie Time!!!!
Okay, with the Academy Awards over and done with (I didn't watch it again this year . . . I used to LOVE watching awards shows and when I was a child I would beg to stay up late and my Mom would let me watch them every year... but for some reason now I just don't have the patience in dealing with the long, overdrawn shows when I can just read an online review the next morning... pretty bad, huh?) .... I thought that a movie-themed Random Tuesday would work this morning for all of us!
So, I came up with this fun little meme for us to answer and share with each other. You know the drill--answer the questions and post in my comments section if you so desire (and have nothing better to do! lol), or just comment about my answers, OR post the meme on your own blog and let us know where it's at. Fun, fun, as usual!!
Here are the questions--
(1) Did you see any of the Oscar-nominated Best Pictures from this year? If so, were they good?
I'm sad to say that I saw absolutely NONE of the nominated pictures this year. But, I really WANT to see "The Departed" now that it's won. And I really think that "Little Miss Sunshine" sounds like my sort of humor! Maybe I'll rent them sometime soon.
(2) What 5 movies would you put on your All-Time Best list?
Okay, this is a SUPER HARD question, because I love SO many movies. So I'm just going with the first five that come to my mind (realizing that I'm sure I will think of 5 different ones as soon as I write and post this), but I'm going with
* "Star Wars," just because of the whole love of science fiction that it brought out in me and the memories I have of seeing it for the first time (on a very BIG screen in Austin, Texas, when I was just 8!) and the craziness it developed in me for wanting to see all the subsequent Star Wars movies over and over!
* "Braveheart." Perhaps my very fave Best Picture winning movie (well, along with the next one listed); I love epic, historical movies and this has got to be one of the best. When I saw it at the theatre, I was literally HEAVING with tears (and I could hear MEN doing the same thing all over the room!)
* "Forest Gump." EVERY TIME this movie comes on tv, I get sucked into it all over again! I cannot see it on tv and not watch it. This may be my other fave Best Picture movie, because it is just so amazingly moving. It blows me away with its message of what one person can do to uplift someone else and make their life meaningful. Forest's unstoppable love for Lieutenant Dan and Jenny--wow!!!
* "Say Anything," because (for one thing) it has my very favorite boy toyJohn Cusack in it. I love all of his movies, but this one is my very favorite. And I truly think it is the BEST teen movie of all time!
* Oh boy this is hard--which final one do I go with? A WHOLE bunch I'm thinking of right now, but let's go with "Raising Arizona," just because it's so darn crazy and it has some of my favorite lines of all-time in it! ("Son, you got a panty on your head!" sorry . . . lol)
(3) Who is your favorite "eye candy" movie star?
Uh yeah, that would be the aforementioned John Cusack.
(4) What is a favorite "classic" movie?
I love so many of them, but a few would be: "It Happened One Night," "It's a Wonderful Life," "The Maltese Falcon," and "To Kill a Mockingbird."
(5) Who is your favorite "classic" movie star?
That would have to be Jimmy Stewart. Just amazing in everything he did!
(6) What movie star have people said you look like?
Gary has always said Sarah Jessica Parker (I knew there was a reason I loved him!) and in college (back in "Fatal Attraction" days) people said Glenn Close (a little bit of a scarier choice, although she is a fave of mine; who, by the way, starred in "Out of Africa," which should have made my Top 5 list too. LOL!)
(7) What is your favorite movie snack?
Hands down, no doubt about it... Movie Popcorn with extra (layered) butter! Yumm-o! I wish I had some right now. I'd be eating it for breakfast!!!
Well, there you have it!! I would LOVE to hear your answers too! (If you don't have a lot of time, you can also just pick and choose and answer the questions you like!) This will be a really fun way to learn just a little more about each other!
I also found a few cool movie-related things at various blogs and websites, and thought I'd share...
* Go to THIS blog and it has a list of the AFI's Top 100 movies of all time. You are supposed to go through and mark the ones you've seen and then pass it along through your blog. It was a longer list than I wanted to share here, but still a cool idea!
* Thought this was a cool bloggie thing that I found HERE. You type in your birthdate and it tells you how much older and younger you are than movie stars and how old you were when certain movies were released. Pretty neat-0! This is what it told me...
You are 38 years old and about:
49 years 7 months younger than Zsa Zsa Gabor, age 88
38 years 3 months younger than Clint Eastwood, age 76
32 years 7 months younger than Burt Reynolds, age 71
28 years 7 months younger than Nick Nolte, age 67
21 years 6 months younger than Billy Crystal, age 59
18 years 10 months younger than Whoopi Goldberg, age 57
16 years 1 month younger than Robin Williams, age 54
12 years 2 months younger than Tom Hanks, age 50
7 years 5 months younger than Eddie Murphy, age 45
1 year 11 months older than Jennifer Lopez, age 36
10 years 6 months older than Jennifer Love Hewitt, age 28
19 years 7 months older than Haley Joel Osment, age 18
and when these movies were released in the
The Godfather: 3
American Graffiti: 4
Star Wars: 8
Animal House: 9
Star Trek: The Motion Picture: 11
The Terminator: 16
Top Gun: 17
Planes, Trains & Automobiles: 19
Steel Magnolias: 21
Home Alone: 22
Jurassic Park: 24
Forrest Gump: 25
Saving Private Ryan: 29
Toy Story 2: 31
So, there you have it. Some fun Movie Love to share around Blog World!
Can't wait to hear from some of you!!
(You know, I'm already hating that Top 5 movie question. I've already got some more on my mind . .. Lord of the Rings (all three!), Steel Magnolias, Raiders of the Lost Ark, When Harry Met Sally... yikes! I forgot so many of them!!)