Monday, April 02, 2007

Birthday Weekend...

Okay everyone...
I am OFFICIALLY POOPED!!!!!

I'm having a hard time concentrating this morning,
can't really feel my legs (I think they fell off sometime over the weekend! LOL),
and really would like nothing more than to just take a long hot bath (another one, actually!) and then lie in bed all day (but, of course, there's no time to do that!)...
but the exhaustion and pain was all worth it (I think! lol) !!

We had a WONDERFUL birthday weekend, with non-stop celebrating!

McKenna's birthday was Friday and we had a family birthday lunch at Red Lobster (yum!) after Gary took her to get her driver's permit (he let her drive on the Interstate right after getting her permit, and she was WAY beyond excited; I have let her drive a few times here in town and I'm a tad more nervous driving with her than Gary is! ha!). So, anyone who lives in the Birmingham area--watch out on the road!! lol Here are a few pics at Red Lobster...







Then, on Friday night, Sydney and I partied with McKenna and seven of her best friends (Gary and D had softball practice, getting ready for a softball tourney on Saturday!). Fifteen- and sixteen-year-olds are FUN!; I love to just sit back and listen to what they have to say (about friends, boys, and all the normal teen stuff! They are some cool kids!). We went to the dollar theatre for movies (and LOTS of popcorn!), to Arby's for supper and cake-and-present time, then to Barnes&Noble for Starbucks coffee! (we closed the store down and spent another hour outside drinking our java and hanging out!). Here are some pics from that night...

















Saturday was Sydney's birthday, but we had a Scrapbook Day at church (had a GREAT time and got several layouts done; will share later this week, hopefully!) and Gary and D were at the tournament (for the first time all season, their team didn't make it to the championship game, so they were a little upset about that!). Because we were all in different places on Saturday, we had the birthday party for S on Sunday afternoon. And after the party, we had a huge Easter extravaganza at church (egg hunt, games, cake contest, and children's drama), so by the time our day was over we were absolutely WIPED OUT!! I'm still trying to recover!!

I haven't downloaded any of the pics from Scout's party, so those will come to you tomorrow! (I think there will be some CUTE ones! because she had a really fun time!!)

I hope all of you had a great weekend, and that you're having a wonderful Monday as well!

(And oh, for a complety gratuitous picture of me... ha!.. all of these birthdays and my accompanying head full of GRAY hair was making me feel SO incredibly old. So, in the midst of everything else this weekend, I put some new color on my hair. It's like a strawberry blonde and I really like it. The gray is gone, at least for a month or two! lol)...


Until tomorrow...

10 comments:

Dawn Bibbs said...

Wow, it looks like you guys had a really great time celebrating the birthdays. And I have to say, McKenna sure looks little to be 15 years old. She's a cutie!

Looking forward to seeing the pix from Scout's party too.

Now you go and get some (more) rest!!!

Anonymous said...

Fun, Fun, fun!!!
Love the new hair color. We "old" gals gotta wash that gray right out of our hair. Huh?

Just Me Again said...

How very fun it all looks! So cool. Thanks for sharing your pictures! And I loved your picture!

Anonymous said...

STAY OFF THE SIDEWALKS!!! MCKENNA IS DRIVING!! HA, HA!! Sunday was so fun with Syd and the church party!! But yes, we too had a full weekend and were pooped!! I will try to send you pix from Syd's b'day tonight because they're better than Gary's (j/k)!

Anonymous said...

Wow gf, no wonder you are exhausted! Glad to hear all the festivities went well...hard to see our little ones grow up isn't it?

Unknown said...

I know why you cant feel your legs!! That'll be the alcohol poisoning. Gary told me that when he found you after the party on Friday night you were slumped over the couch with soggy chips stuck to the side of your face. He also noticed that their was a strange telephone number on the back of your hand. He was a little alarmed by it. Fearing the worst he rang the number. It was the local liquor store. That put his mind at ease :D

Anonymous said...

LOVE it!!! Looks like you all had a blast with Mckenna's friends. Can't wait to hear more about Scout's party! Try and rest tonight (you watching the bball game?)

Anonymous said...

only a scrapper would take a photo of the menu at Starbucks, LOL!! I do it too :)

OMG, please don't think those layouts on my blog were ones I did!! They were the ones Emily did for her Star Student of the Month and on my previous post, the ladies asked me to post

TK Angels said...

What great pics of McKenna's party. One she will remember always.

Yes- it is nice to take the gray out of ones hair. I get lazy and then I find that I truly have a HEAD full of hair--then I dye again.

Take care,
Terri

Adrienne said...

Glad you guys had fun!!!!!!