Friday, April 13, 2007

"We're going to Candyland"

Well no, not really but...

We are going to Memphis, Tennessee, for a travel softball tournament with Delaney's Birmingham Thunderbolts team. We're leaving right after school this afternoon, hoping to get up there this evening for some fun pre-game day entertainment (I'm thinking Beale Street or some Memphis barbecue!)

Scout is especially excited because she loves going to hotels (we've been to two in the last month, so I guess she thinks this must be a "regular" thing) and is really happy because the hotel has an indoor pool (so are the other girls too!!) Gary and Delaney are excited because they live for softball and it's gonna be fun playing teams we've never played before (or heard of before--they're mostly from Tennessee and Mississippi, and we're the only Bama team there). McKenna's excited for much the same reason as I am--we love to go places! Of course, I LOVE the softball too but I love to go to new places and somehow Memphis is somewhere I've never been!

I told S what we'd be doing in Memphis and I told her, "We're gonna watch Delaney play ball, and we're gonna stay in a hotel, and go swimming, and I hope we can find a break during the day and go check out some cool places. I at least want to drive by and wave at Graceland." (The lowest ticket price to Elvis' home is like $25, so we probably won't go--unless I really get a hankering to, and then you never know!) Well, Scout decided that I had said "Candyland" and not "Graceland" so...

She's been telling people we're going to Candyland!

(I think I'm gonna have to find a candy store just so I can convince her we did go there ! LOL)

In getting ready for the weekend trip and just some other stuff going on...

* I spent some time yesterday trying to organize stuff!! I had to wash a TON of clothes. The laundry has just gotten away from me this week and I also had to wash a few extra things for our trip (all of Delaney's four uniforms, plus clothes for us all!), so it was kinda overwhelming!

I also decided to organize some of my scrapbooks. I have gotten to where I do individual pages and kinda let them pile up instead of getting them in my books. So, yesterday I got all ofmy Fall pages in an album and got all of my new 2007 pages organized. This is what it looked like as I was working on it. Can any of you identify with that?



* Last night after softball park games (Delaney's team lost! it was miserable; Delaney only had one inning left to pitch and it went downhill after that!), we had to go find bathing suits for all of us! Amazingly, everyone found one they liked!! Scout actually tried to sleep in her Finding Nemo "baby soup" (as she calls it!).

And I found one that I can actually LIVE with (you know that I really don't find bathing suits anymore that I LOVE, but i guess most women feel that way). Bathing suit shopping always depresses me because I always have to get a size larger than I usually wear in "normal" clothes and I'm always so dang white under those dressing room lights.

Anyway, this is the one I found...


* I keep eating my weight in these things:


I got a big package of them in my Easter basket from Gary, and I'm quickly taking care of them (could that be why putting on a bathing suit isn't really very fun??)

Well, I'm off now to finish packing our suitcases! What do you guys have planned for the weekend? Let me know, and maybe I can pop online while I'm away!

See ya Monday!

20 comments:

Jeff said...

Sounds like a great weekend planned! Good luck with the softball tourney. It will be fun no matter what happens, but it will be all the better, of course, if there is a win!

We haven't got our weekend totally planned yet. Although there is important hockey for me since one of my team is playing in the 1st round of divisional playoffs. Our team (record 8-9) is going against the #1 team (record 16-1). The one time they lost was not against us. So we're looking for a little Disney-sports/inspirational-movie-magic for this game. I truly think if we focus we can beat this team... by 8 tomorrow night our fate for the season will be sealed.

Also, Cheryl, at some point recently I mentioned that I'd become a huge fan of Madonna's Music/Disco Inferno combo. I found a clip on YouTube from the DVD and posted it on my blog. Check it out sometime and see if you love it as much as I do.

Have a good weekend! Looking forward to hearing the softball results.

Anonymous said...

Yikes you are a brave woman....a baby soup for mom too??? I won't be caught dead in one! LOL Sounds like a great trip for the weekend. I honestly don't know how you do it gf! I would be exhausted all the time.
We are just hanging at home this weekend. The boys have a friend coming over to spend the night tonight and most of tomorrow. I promised Sam a trip to the bookstore tomorrow. Other than that...nadda.
Have a great time!

Rene said...

Your weekend sounds like fun!!! I've never actually visited Memphis, just drove through it many times on my way back and forth from Illinois to Mississippi. There was a yummy Mexican place we stopped at a lot. Too bad I can't remember the name, or anything about how to get to it!!! =)

My weekend will be fun. Tonight I may be attending a wine tasting. Afterward, we're trying a new recipe for crab-stuffed portabello mushrooms, and I'm making a tomato/mozzarella salad as a side dish. YUM!! The I have Biology Labs tomorrow morning. I don't look forward to having to wake up early for that!! Oh well... Then, a quick stop in to work to do timecards and a deposit. Then, the rest of the weekend is mine to spend as I please! And I'm certain that will involve a certain man whose company I am enjoying quite a lot these days!

Can't wait to see pics from your trip!!
xo
Rene

Memphis said...

Well dang, I hope you guys win. Your husband mentioned you were coming and I totally forgot. You should email me and get my cell number in case you need to call someone up here to teach you the gang signs. No really, the area you guys are going to be in is OK. You'll be fine. But you can call me if you need to.

Mz.Elle said...

Ooooh have FUN!

Linda said...

thanks for stopping by the blog. Read your comments and you know, it has paid off to be close to my girls. I like journaling about the good and the bad and scapbooking keeps me journaling because it adds a new dimension. Love your blog too. Originally caught you on Jessi's site. have a beautiful day....

Anonymous said...

Sounds so fun!

Dawn Bibbs said...

Wow, you people are shakers and movers, aren't you? Hey, you've gotta go through Ga don't you? You should stop by and say HEY!!!! :-)

"Baby Soup"...that's what Jayla use to call it too. And "shimmin trumps" for the boys...hee hee, love it.

Your suit is really cute! I need a new one. But for SOME reason, the Mr. thinks the 3 I have are enough!

Ya'll be safe and have fun!!

Anonymous said...

You guys go up to Memphis and show 'em how Southerners really play softball! I'm not sure what that means but it sounded good at the time. Be sure to jump on the beds! My weekend consists of working on Sat. (have done too much of that this month, the family is getting angry!!), the daughters need baby soups for Spring Break at the Boys and Girls Club next week. And I have GOT to get our grass cut, which means getting the lawn mower fixed somehow! Yep, it's a real exciting weekend in our household. Can I stow away with you? See ya!

TK Angels said...

Your weekend sounds great. I have been wanting to visit Graceland for a VERY long time.

I hope that if you do-you took many pictures.

Hope Delaney's team wins. Go Thunderbolts!

Take care,
LOve,
Terri

Susie Q said...

What a fun weekend!! Stay safe in your travels and enjoy it all! Memphis is cool!

OH my...a baby soup. My daughter wants me to get one. Egads. I think there is a law against me wearing one. She does not buy that. Oh my.

Have a great tourney!!!

Love,
Sue

Michelle said...

Good luck with the tournament! Hope you all have a great time. aren't those chocolates just melt-in-your mouth goodness?!

Renee said...

I'm with Scout; I love hotels too. Cute swimsuit. Hope y'all have a great time.

Leah said...

Hope you're having fun in Candyland! lol I can identify with the pages not in books.. I just got all of mine in a stack in order to put in a book... I have 23. I need to start putting them in a book as soon as I finish them!

Robyn said...

wow, sounds like a fun weekend Cheryl! I love the baby soup comment! My youngest called it a Babe'n suit for a couple years!

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a really great trip Cheryl and I can't wait to read what happened

Missy Glave said...

Just wanted to say a quick hello ... I'm finally getting a chance to catch up on my blog reading after being away for a week!!

Kimberly said...

Sound like you have fun plans. Hope you had a good weekend. ghttp://www.thebamafamily.blogspot.com

Cinderella said...

How was the trip??

Sydney is too precious for words!!

AngelConradie said...

ooooh! more jumping on the hotel bed photos!
i do so love ferrero rocher...