Thursday, May 24, 2007

Oh ... My ... Gosh

Okay, two Sydney Stories to share with you--each with a common theme!

Scene 1:

I had just picked up a pack of pictures from Costco and was looking through them with McKenna. (They are pictures from her softball team season, and I used them on the cutest photo tote bags that I gave to everyone on the team at our team party!) I handed one to McKenna and said, "Oh my gosh. This one of Anna is so cute." A few minutes later, Sydney says: "I wanna see pictures. Lemme see the Oh My Gosh picture."

Scene 2:

Yesterday, the girls decided that the fun activity for the day would be playing with water balloons outside (it was HOT!!). When Sydney gets excited about doing something she will give you the entire play-by-play of what's going to happen. As we went to the cashier with our balloons at the dollar store, she was explaining it to me: "We got dese balloons and we'll take them home. And we put water in them and they get big. And then I put my baby soup on and we throw them at each other." And then she squealed, she was so excited!

When we got home, it was STRAIGHT to the water balloon activity. On went the baby soups and I began filling up the balloons with water and putting them in a big bowl for the girls to carry them outside in. Sydney came into the bathroom, to model her Finding Nemo suit for me. But then she stopped abruptly and looked into the bowl of balloons and said slowly, "Oh...my...gosh!"

A Little Lesson

Isn't it just like my Scout to remind me that life--in the midst of the busy-ness and the stress and the worries--is full of "Oh My Gosh" moments!!

Since I totally missed my Random Tuesday post this week (darn that stinkin' Internet service-but it's back up for good now, I think! Hooray!), I decided to pose a question to all of you on this Random Thursday instead.

My questions for you to think about today are: When have you experienced an Oh-My-Gosh moment? When is the last time you had one?

When I think about my life, I can think about alot of those BIG Oh-my-Gosh moments--

Ones like the moment when Gary asked me to marry him--dancing on the exact same dance floor where we'd met exactly 6 months before, with the same band playing in the background (I've been thinking about this because Sunday, May 27th, is our 12th anniversary and I want to share the story of how we met with all of you. Because it is ...ahhh... so sweet!)

Or ones like those three moments when I first saw my sweet daughter's faces for the very first time.The most miraculous days ever...

But life is also full of lots of LITTLE Oh-my-Gosh moments too! Right now, these are a few of them...

*Last night's Lost episode. All I can say is "Oh My Gosh!!!!" Holy Cow, that was the most AMAZING episode!!! We had a fun finale party at Adrienne's, which was too fun! I made a Dharma chocolate chip cookie cake and pina coladas, and Adrienne and I both got to yell at the television together!! (If you love Lost, go to www.ew.com to check out the morning-after review and go to www.losteastereggs.blogspot.com to see up-close pictures of that newspaper clipping and other screen caps!)

* Check this out. Oh my gosh... they're ranked #1 in the nation!

* Summer's here!! And, oh my gosh, I'm SO excited!! Lots of fun plans--going to the water park, taking a beach vacation, playing outside, sleeping late, reading fun summer novels, drinking lemonade... so much to look forward to!!

So, what Oh-My-Gosh moments have you had lately?

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, here's my OMG moment for right now...your DH is dropping his blog!

I never got your email address to invite you over to me.

Adrienne said...

That is wonderful!!!!! My last OMG moment..... when Jaelyn won the writing award! lol sydney is too cute! Is the internet WORKING?

Anonymous said...

Hi Cheryl...how is you eye doing today? Better I hope. And the internet? I suppose that is better since you blogged today :) And this makes me happy!
My OMG favorite moment was when my daughter was born and saw her face by the first time.
As far as recent OMG moments, the other day when my mom began walking without her two canes (which up until now she needed them for ambulation 100 percent of the time) now she only uses them when she has to walk long distances. Another OMG moment was when I compared pictures a few days ago and realized my mom's unhealed wounds (due to diabetes she's had these open sores for the past two years)have been actually getting smaller in size! That was a big OMG (all filled with tears of joy) moment.

Jeff said...

Glad to see you are back up and posting! It always drives me crazy when the net is not working right.

So a couple different OMG moments. I think the biggest one for me was when Will asked me out for the first time. That was huge and something I'll never forget. I recall the exact place and time (the corner F Street just outside the Eureka Theater at 11:30pm, Monday, May 1). And life has been wonderful ever since :)

A different sort of OMG moment that has stuck with me for a few years now is when we were looking for apartments in lower Manhattan in March 2002. We had to take an odd route to get to the place because there was still a lot of rerouting of subways and traffic around Ground Zero. We were crossing behind the World Financial Center, walking along the Hudson River and I looked to the East and it struck me that I shouldn't have been able to see the Century 21 department store from there. It was a big OMG... I hadn't been that close to Ground Zero since 9/11 and to see how it changed the landscape right there to that degree was breathtaking.

On a much lighter note, I get OMGs a lot right now in hockey. I'm in a training program that meets 3 nights a week for 2 hours a session and it's interesting to see how it's chanigng my game and pushing my body to do different things. I'm 8 sessions in to the 18 session program, so I've got a fair number of OMGs left to go there.

Unknown said...

The last "oh my gosh" moment that I had was yesterday evening when I saw some doughnuts in a local store. I posted about it a short while ago as coincidink would have it :P

p.s. if Gary stops posting I would like you to take one of those water balloons and throw it at him square between the eyes. You have to remind him who wears the pants in your house. K? :D

Unknown said...

p.p.s. are you sure those were balloons. If they came from a drug store I would have another thought about that!!! :D

Dawn Bibbs said...

Once again, Cheryl...you've given quite a fun task. After I read your post, I left to go pick Jayla up from school (only one more day). And tried to think about what I'd comment here when I got back.

Then, it hit me. The first OMG moment that came to mind was Monday, March 26, 2001. That was the day we found out that we were pregnant with Jayla. Some people may ask, what's so "OMG" about that (outside of the blessing of a child) But this blessing was SUPER special. My DH and I prayed for and tried to have a baby for 11 L-O-N-G years! No one can convince me otherwise, that Jayla is our reward from God for taking in Markell. So with that, I'd have to say that is the one OMG moment that really stands out to me.

Oh,I just thought of another quick one. Of course its in regards to the one I already mentioned. But about a month before I had Jayla, I had a dream about her. We chose not to find out the gender, so her being a girl was a surprise. But I dreamt about her sweet little face. I wasn't able to tell in my dream if she was a boy or a girl. But God actually showed me her face. That was the one thing I longed for during my pregnancy. And when she was finally born and I saw her face (again), it was the most unbelievably emotional moment for me. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Anonymous said...

I too get lots of OMG moments as my girls grow up. When J does something really responsible/helpful/grownup without being prompted. I have to stop and take in the moment. Or when M says something or asks me questions that require wisdom beyond her years, it gets to me. But my lates OMG moment in my head deals with me making supervisor after only being at this job for only 7 months. I fully expected to get, "Wait another year, and we'll talk." But here I am and loving every minute of it!

Michelle said...

Wow ranked #1! That's pretty impressive! Congrats to the team!

The Lost episode was great last night! Of course I'm dying here that it was the finale and I have to wait for the new season! So much speculation! I can't believe Charlie died though! He could have just as easily went on the other side of the door where Desmond was; he didn't HAVE to stay in the room! He already turned the switch off, he could have saved himself - it wasn't neccessary for him to die so I am upset about that!

Kimberly said...

My latest Oh my Gosh moment wasn't a good one...If you check out my blog you can read all about my snake encounter. Have a great Friday!

Kelly said...

For my OMG moment, I was waiting on my kids as they took a bath. I looked over at Clayton and saw something on the back of his ear. I looked closer and realized it was a tick!!! I yelled OH MY GOSH! Pete! Get in here and get this tick off of clayton!!!!!!!!! I froze. It totally grossed me out. And you know what reminded me of this OMG moment? I was driving home tonight and heard the song 'Ticks' by Brad Paisley.

Cheryl Wray said...

Jen-- I know!!! I hate that he's dropping his blog. He just doesn't think he has a lot to say, but I will miss it!
Adrienne--SO great about the writing contest. A cool surprise award, huh?
Maria--That is SO great about your Mon's walking. And also about her wounds. Lots of good news!!
Jeff--Ahh!! Love to hear about you and Will, always! You and hockey!!! lol
Gareth--I'm off to throw a water balloon right now at G!!! and then will go read about your doughnuts!!

Cheryl Wray said...

Dawn--WOW!!! What a wonderful story of Jayla's birth!! Such a miracle!! I do believe that God rewards at times, and it sounds like that's exactly what Jayla was. Love stories like that!!
Ryan--SO cool about the supervisor's position. I knew you'd be great at it!!!
Michelle--I thought that Charlie's death scene was so emotional! just loved it! I think that he just felt like he had to die for Claire to be saved, so he let it be--even though he might have been able to find a way out of it!
Kimberly--Oh no, snakes!! Gotta go read your blog now!
Kelly--Ticks are the worst! They absolutely make you scream, OMG! And too funny about the Brad Paisley song!!!

TK Angels said...

My OMG moments were the birth of my grandchildren. Tyler was 3 months early and weighed 2 1/2 pounds. Kayla was 1 month early and weighed 8 pounds 6 ounces.

OMG!! :)

Take care,
LOve,
Terri

AngelConradie said...

OH MY GOSH!!! she's adorable cheryl, so cute!
"baby soups"... how cute is that!!!

Susie Q said...

I am playing catch up after being off line for too long! I know how you feel when the computer and internet act crazy! Glad we are both back! *smile*
LOVE your posts as always!
Wonderful pages and layouts!
LOVE the things your baby says...they say the sweetest things don't they?
I want to wish you and Gary a wonderful day on Sunday!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
Enjoy every second!

OMG moments...the day that we became parents of our kids! Also the day we received their referrals from the adoption agencies! : )

I have several every day! Some great and some, like finding the spider in the sink tonight...NOT so great! *laugh* Mostly great tho'!

Have a blessed weekend!!

Hugs,
Sue

Crazy Working Mom said...

I finally talked Dad into getting a pool for the kids (wink wink). We've been having OH MY GOSH moments as it filled up. It took it 24 hours to fill. We're going to jump in tomorrow and I know it's going to be SOOOOO cold! We'll be screaming oh my gosh for a while. ;)
Great post!