Friday, May 25, 2007

You Go Girl...

Well, I got it done at the very LAST minute but Jessi--I did it!! I completed the first official challenge for the awesome scrapbook challenge blog One Little Word. The challenge was to use the word "Go" on a scrapbook page and this is what I came up with! Just really simple, but totally what I was thinking of during Delaney's 5th grade graduation and awards day. "You Go Girl"--because she totally rocked the place, wininng all sorts of honors (the journaling on it says: "5th grade awards and graduation--All As, 4 on the writing assessment, highest class GPA, 5th grade scholar...Wow!" (LOVE those letter stickers by the way; they were one of my steals from our Pigeon Forge scrapbook store experience!!)


Last night, my sister-in-law Angel and niece Lori came over to scrapbook as well, and I got two more pages done too. (You should have seen the den! Gary came in, looked around, and walked back out the door! LOL There was scrapbook supplies everywhere!!! With me, Angel, Lori, and also Delaney and McKenna working on pages, it was crazy!!)

Here is a page I did using a challenge at the Unpubbed blog. I missed the deadline on it--oh well!--but I'm glad I did the page anyway. Such a very cool design! (These are some fun, fun pictures of the girls and their cousins acting crazy on Mother's Day at my parents' house.)


And then a page I did--"Love, by example"--dedicated to mine and Gary's moms. We truly do learn our parenting skills by watching our parents. They have been awesome role models to us, and I just pray that my daughters will look back on me with love when they are all grown-up!

(This is so funny--do you notice that Delaney has the same outfit on in all three of these pages? The cousins pictures and this page are both from Mother's Day so she had the outfit on all day; and she wore it to Graduation too; she loves the outfit, if you can't guess!)


Now I'm off to get some Friday stuff done and have the weekend to look forward to!

Gotta--
Get two articles written!
Help McKenna organize her stuff and figure out what else she needs for her London/Paris trip!

For fun, gonna--
Take the girls (plus Jaeylyn) to the movies!
Maybe go out for a margarita with some girlfriends tonight!

This weekend, looking forward to--
Going to Montgomery for a one-day softball tournament tomorrow. Go Bolts!
Celebrating my nephew Matthew's birthday on Sunday!
Telling my sweetie Gary--Happy Anniversary!! (on Sunday too!)

Have an AWESOME weekend! See ya Monday!!

22 comments:

Southern Heart said...

You've been busy, and the scrapbook pages are beautiful! You all have so much to celebrate and be proud of, too. :)

I hope that you have a wonderful weekend, and that you two have a great anniversary (which is also my son's birthday!).

Andrea

Bethany E. said...

Love the GO page! Totally awesome! Have a great weekend :)

~Telah said...

You did a great job with all those layouts! I love the You Go Girl! Good use of the word "Go". Hope you have an awesome weekend and a happy anniversary!

AngelConradie said...

teehee- you have a sister in law named angel- what a fab name!!!
you must see my mom's diningroom when she and i get together to scrap, and my bestest best friend will be joining us soon too!
these pages are wonderful cheryl!

Lynn said...

great layouts Cheryl and enjoy that southern heat! lol

Lynn
one little word

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love all your pages!!! Have an awesome weekend!!! :)

Veronica said...

Hi

I have that same paper...haven't used it yet. (the one you used on the "GO" challenge)Isn'tit beautiful!!

Cheryl Wray said...

Southern Heart--Thanks!! and Happy Birthday to your son!!
Sophiasmom--Thanks to you too! Have a great weekend too!
Telah--I finally got some layouts done. I was so excited!
Angel--Yep, Angel is a good name!! lol Scrap stuff can really make for a messy room!
Lynn--Thanks! It IS hot down here!
Maria--Thanks!! Coming from you, any compliments about my layouts are appreciated!
Pookie--LOVE that paper!!

Dawn Bibbs said...

GREAT LO's!!

Hope you guys have a wonderful holiday weekend. Be safe!

Susie said...

Hi Cheryl,
Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Happy Anniversary!
:)

cinnibonbon said...

Go, go, go...
I like your layout! Isn't the "one little word" challenge great! Took me out of my element.Keep it up SISter.
Cinni

Anonymous said...

Great layouts!!
And happy anniversary (can't wait to hear all about it!)

Leah said...

Love the pages! I know you were glad to get some scrappin' time in!
Happy Anniversary!!

LZ Blogger said...

Great scrapebooking here! ~ jb///

Anonymous said...

Great pages, Cheryl. Have a super weekend and Memorial Day (and anniversary too!! lots of good stuff)

NY KAT said...

I love the pages! I've been meaning to start my first scrapbook but for some reason I just haven't.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Adrienne said...

lol, she likes the outfit!!! Great use of the word GO!

Jo said...

Hmmmm, seems as if you have some interesting spam here :-)

Love the scrapbook photos. That's a real talent. If you have some extra time, I have tons of photos that should be scrapbooked...

Happy anniversary, and have a great weekend.

Josie

Dawn Bibbs said...

Oh my, it appears that someone dumped some MAJOR spam on you!!!

Andi said...

Great scrapbook pages Cheryl!!! Do I spy a little Boston Terrier in the picture on the "Love" page?

Our little Boston Bully came from Alabama...a little town called Holly Pond. Maybe they're related!!!

You've inspired me to get scrappin'!

Crazy Working Mom said...

Wow! You are so talented. I love the pages. I should send you pictures and let you do my scrapbooking for me. heh hehs