Monday, May 14, 2007


Scrapping, Fishing, Food, Laughter, Gifts, More Food,
(and just feeling pretty darned spoiled and special!)


Some highlights from this past Mother's Day weekend include...

* Going to a scrapbook crop Friday night (hadn't done that in a LONG time) and scrapping, eating, and hanging out with crafty friends until after midnight! (I completed two mini albums and several layouts, so I was very excited!)

Here are two of the creations I did that night. I finished Gan Gan this mini scrapbook to give to her on Mother's Day (it collects the pictures from our family reunion last month) and I did a mini "My Garden" album for my mother. She has a gorgeous garden and Gary had some beautiful pictures of her roses, zinnias, and countless more of their flowers! (Both of them went ovre great, by the way, and Gan Gan and Mom loved them!)

Gan Gan's renion scrapbook...



Mom's garden album, and a few of the pics inside...





* On Saturday, we went to McKenna's grandparents' house (these are my ex in-laws, but it's not weird whatsoever although it probably sounds like it; they are just super sweet and they treat Gary great and treat all three girls like they are their grandkids) and did some fishing!! Oh boy, do I wish I had pictures from the day! Sydney was the first of the day to catch a fish and she jumped up and down--was so excited!! Sue made the most scrumpt-delicious lunch and we were all full and relaxed when we came home that afternoon!

* Later that evening, we begged Gary to make us omelettes and he obliged!! He makes the BEST omelettes in the world. Yummy!

* We had a wonderful Mother's Day on Sunday!!! Before church, the girls and Gary surprised me with a great present! They got me a Digital Photo Frame and it is SO cool! It's perfect for photo-crazy people like me!! (You download photos onto it from a computer or straight from a camera card, then can add music if you'd like. Then the pictures just rotate in slide show format and it's like you have a "living" photo frame! It is so fun, and I can tell that I'm going to use it a lot!!) At church, Sydney presented me with two handmade gifts from Sunday School. Aren't they the BEST sorts of Mother's Day gifts? (That's my handprinted towel up above!! I love it!)

After church, we started the rounds of food, family, and fun! We went to Gary's parents' house for lunch and enjoyed celebrating with his Mom and Gan Gan--two wonderful mothers!! We had a wonderful lunch--fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, macaroni and cheese (I tried a new Paula Deen mac n' cheese recipe and it was really good!), everything you need for a good Southern-style Mother's Day feast. Gan Gan loved the mini album of the family reunion I made for her gift.

Here are Gary, his mom, and Gan Gan. He was raised by some good women!

And a pic of me and Delaney! (I'm so mad because I didn't get one of me with all three of them. Pretty bad to not get one on Mother's Day!)


We then headed down to Tuscaloosa to visit at Mom and Dad's, which meant more food even though I was absolutely stuffed already (it was grilled hamburgers this time!). And then just a lot of fun and laughter! (It was one of those giggling-and-laughing sort of days, which I love!)

Here I am with my sweet brother, Christopher, and Mom.


After lunch, the kids (ours, and then Christopher's Matthew and Garrett) went outside for water gun fighting and an impromptu wrestling match on the hillside. (McKenna was the instigator and, of course, Sydney had to join in!) Love em!





I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and Mother's Day! See ya tomorrow for some randomness!!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

you so look like your Mom

Dawn Bibbs said...

Wow, I need a nap after reading about all that you squeezed into 3 days! :-)

Glad you guys had fun...especially you! Happy Mother's Day to you again!

Adrienne said...

LOL! glad you guys had a good time! I love my frame too! LOL, i'm going to bring it to work tomorrow!!!!

Leah said...

What fun! Hope you had a great Mother's Day.. it looks like you did! :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE those pics, especially the ones at the end. Funny!!

Josie said...

sounds like your had good long mothers day celebration!

Adriann said...

It looks like a fabulous weekend was had by all! I'm in love with your mother's garden. I want more pictures! It's beautiful...

Anonymous said...

Awww!!! So glad to read you had a fabulous weekend! :) I also have a digital photo frame that my father in law gave me last x-mas and I LOVE it!!! You'll have fun with it :)

Anonymous said...

looks like you celebrated in style! I had a GREAT one too!

justem said...

Looks like a great time! Love the flower pics!

Michelle said...

sounds like it was a fun-filled weekend!

Southern Heart said...

What a fun weekend. Your gifts that you made will be treasured, and I loved seeing the pictures of your beautiful family! I'm glad you felt special this weekend...you should!

Andrea

Robin Green said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful day--I love the pictures. The scrapbooks are so nice--love the garden pictures. Tuscaloosa is oh so close to me.

Anonymous said...

Great Post - Happy "belated" mothers day to you!!!!! I wish I could see S catching that first fish - we also went fishing on Saturday for the day. That digital photo frame sounds like a great gift - enjoy it!

~Telah said...

Happy belated Mother's Day! Sounds like you had a great one and a fab weekend too!

TK Angels said...

Loved the pics of you and your family.

Did I see an angel in there somewhere?

Glad you had a great Mother's Day.
Love,
Terri

Nancywithajones said...

hahah looks like yall had a GRAND TIME yes aI agree you wear me out girl we had a quiet day since john left for out of town :(
but bella and i had fun!!
ROFL hahahaha

AngelConradie said...

happy belated mothers day cheryl!
you and your mom are so alike, the photos are fabulous!