Sunday, May 27, 2007

Weekend Update...Photo Style!

We had a most EXCELLENT weekend! I hope yours was great as well!

Yesterday was our wedding anniversary and we enjoyed it by staying busy most of the day (which is pretty much like all of our days!) But I felt incredibly blessed just to be with Gary on our special day, even though we didn't celebrate "formally" yet (we are going out to eat and overnight in a hotel this coming Friday; just can't find the time for it yet!).

On Saturday, Gary and Sydney and Delaney and I headed to Montgomery (McKenna stayed in town to go to a wedding with a good friend). The Thunderbolts won another tournament; yay!!! (We lost one game all day, and came back to win the championship 15-3. Delaney had a great tournament, both defensively and in her hitting!)

Some pictures from this very hot day at the ballpark...





On Sunday we had a wonderful church service (it was Confirmation Sunday and I was incredibly touched by the service and the sermon; our pastor encouraged all of us to always be growing in our spiritual journey. Just because we are confirmed--or whatever "milestone" you reach--doesn't mean that we stop growing. We must always be stretching and growing and learning and reaching toward God!)

After church, we headed down to Tuscaloosa to my nephew Matthew's 8th birthday party! We had a BLAST!! (On the way down, Sydney asked us: "Was I invited?" I told her, "Yes, of course you were invited!" She squealed and yelled, "Yay!! I'm SO excited!" And when we got home later on in the evening, she told me, "I'm so glad we went to that party!" That's the kind of enthusiasm we all need for life, isn't it?)

My sister-in-law, Danielle, is an amazing party-giver. Her birthday parties for my two nephews are always just so fun and creative! She has great games, goody bags, table decorations, and themes! This year's theme was camoflauge and army! It was SO cute!

Here are some highlights...








We left from the party and went shopping with my Mom, looking for some last-minute items for the trip that she and McKenna are taking to Europe this coming week. We had a blast--buying snacks for their airplane ride, travel-sized toiletries, a couple of luggage items, and some pants for McKenna. Mom even bought her a new hat (she ALWAYS wears hats when she travels! lol) I can't believe that McKenna is flying to NYC and then London, and then spending the next week at places like Windsor Castle, Oxford, Paris, the beaches of Normandy, Piccadilly Circus, the Louvre...I'm VERY jealous, but so amazingly excited for her and Mom!

We came home from our shopping trip, all collapsed on our bed (while Gary and I watched "The Illusionist," which was a really good movie!), and spent some more time together.

All in all, it was a FANTASTIC weekend!

Get ready for a Romantically Random Tuesday tomorrow, in honor of our annivesary! I will share with you some details on--how Gary and I met; the most romantic gift I've ever received; my proposal story; and more!! (And I may even dig out some really OLD pictures of us too! lol) And I'll challenge you all to share some of that mushy, gushy stuff with rest of us!!

Can't wait!!

11 comments:

Susie Q said...

What a fun weekend! That birthday party look s like such a blast for the kids. Heck, I would have thought it was fun too!

I am late but am sending a very happy anniversary to you and Gary! Here is to 80 more happy, happy wedding anniversaries...you both look wonderful and have so much love for one another! Your family is thriving and lively and you all have so much fun together! Nothing is better than that!

Love to you all.

Hugs,
Sue

Dawn Bibbs said...

Wow, sounds like you guys DID have a fun but busy weekend. I'm glad to say that our busy weekends are OVER!!! For now anyway. It was enough for me to go to the mailbox on Saturday! That was the first FREE Saturday we've had since the last week in February!!! So we welcomed a quite, uneventful weekend.

Hope you guys have a great week!!

Unknown said...

Holy!!! YAY delaney!!! I always love those photo's you get of her at her games!! Love the army styled party...will have to keep it in mind for my son's b-day!!!

a BIG HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you two!!

and woohoo on getting your OLW challenge done and linked!! thanks so much for participating cheryl!!! your LO is awesome!! the new challenge word will be up on wed. hope to see you there!!

have fabulous evening!!

Adrienne said...

Looks like they had a great time! You all love to throw parties! LOL

Cheryl Wray said...

SusieQ--So great to see you here!! Thanks for the sweet anniversary wishes!! We do have fun together--and that's one of the most important things of all!
Dawn--I'm so proud for you guys that your busy weekends are over. Ours will continue through at least mid-July, but at least school is out so it won't be so bad!!
Jessi--The army party was a great idea!! I am LOVING OLW. Can't wait to see the next word on Wed.!
Adrienne-Oh yeah...we love parties!!! lol Any excuse for one!!

Anonymous said...

Great pics. Congrats to Delaney for another great win!

Melissa said...

wow that birthday party looks like so much fun! :)

and I am sooo jealous of Mckenna too for getting to go to London and all those wonderful places! tell her to take lots of pictures ;)

TK Angels said...

Your MIL does seem to plan great parties!!

Happy Anniversary!!

Take care,
Love,
Terri

Loreluca said...

Those are some AWSOME pix of your girl's game!!! Congrats on winning the tournament!
Funny, I was at a birthday party on Saturday, too! My brother in law is the one throwing GREAT parties in this case. AWSOME food, each time he tries a new recipe and he is a MASTER (he should be a professional chef, really!)
I totally agree with your pastor. We tend to get comfy sometimes and forget about searching and learning, and growing. So good to have someone to remind you every once in a while (isn't that what makes church fun!)
Congratulations on your anniversary!! that pictures on yesterday's post is fantastic!! You guys look very happy, no doubt about that! Will have to check back for your romantic Tuesday and see what was it all about!
Good trip to your mom and McKenna!

Anonymous said...

Great idea for a birthday party! The goodie bags are too cute!
I have been reading and keeping up with Delaney and love all the pix you put on here. Sorry I have been away for so long...but I have been keeping up with you. Hate that I missed meeting you in Huntsville and that we didn't get to see you when we came down there...maybe another time soon! BTW, I loved Scrapbook Mania! I have been visiting the blog!
Happy Anniversary to you two also....can't wait for this week's posts!
Have a great day Cheryl!

AngelConradie said...

what an incredible weekend!