Sunday, May 27, 2007

Happy Anniversary Sweetie!



Oh my....is that picture a trip down memory lane!

(I was gonna ask, "Don't we look so young?" but while we are much younger than today, we weren't really young things like so many of you when you got married. We were 26 and 29!_

Twelve years ago today (May 27, 1995) Gary and I got married--and most of the time it seems like it was just yesterday (except for those days when my gray is really showing through or my pants are having a hard time buttoning, and I'm reminded that I'm not as blonde, thin, or young as I used to be).

Twelve years does change things a bit. We don't go dancing like we used to (wish we did!), I don't leave Gary cards "just because" like I used to (I really should, though!), and we don't have as much one-on-one time as we used to (the reason for that is easy--chalk that up to having three very busy girls!).

Though time has changed some things, it still hasn't changed one constant--I love you, Gary! Perhaps not the way I did twelve years ago--in all honesty, I know that it is probably not as breathless and eager all the time. Love does change, you know! But that's not a bad thing! In many ways, it's a stronger love--a love that is made more mature and more precious because of the years we've been together, the things we've been through, the changes we've experienced, the things we've accomplished.

So today, I celebrate the wonderful memories of when our love WAS new and breathless.

And today I also celebrate the maturity and constancy of how our love is now.

And I celebrate because it is so very good in all of its manifestations and ways!

Happy Anniversary Gary! Thank you for twelve wonderful years, and many more to come!

(I really want to share with all of you some of the wonderful memories of our meeting--it's a very sweet, fate-filled story! And some of the wonderful memories of our wedding day--such a perfect, perfect day! BUT...it is late, we are tired from an all-day softball tournament--which we won, YAY!!--and we will be celebrating our anniversary all week long since we will actually be going somewhere overnight this coming weekend instead of tomorrow.

So, this will be Anniversary Week on my blog and I will share some of the stories as we go through the next several days. So I'm warning you now--Random Tuesday will be a romantic one this week! lol I hope that's okay with you!)

Love ya sweetie!

16 comments:

Adrienne said...

Awwwww, Happy Anniversary guys!

Dawn Bibbs said...

Happy, happy anniversary, my friend! I love to hear about married people who are STILL in love with eachother. Even if that love is a little different than when you first got married. Like you said, that can be a good thing. As we all hope that our love for our spouse will grow and become stronger.

Congrats again and I look forward to your upcoming mushy, romantic posts :-).

Jeff said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary!

Renee said...

What a sweet post! Happy Anniversary!

Susie said...

Happy Anniversary. I'll look forward to your Anniversary week posts.
I've got so many memories over forty years that I have to take more than a week to post them all!
:)

CyndiAKADisneyqueen said...

Happy Anniversary

Leah said...

How sweet! What a wonderful pic of you two!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!! Very sweet post. Can't wait for the anniversary week posts coming up. :)

Kimberly said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you had a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Aww, that's so sweet!
Happy anniversary and yes, please, tell us all about how you met. Love those stories!

Crazy Working Mom said...

So sweet...congrats to the happy couple! :)

Cheryl Wray said...

Adrienne-Thanks!!
Dawn--We are definitely still in love with each other, even after all these years! Now sometimes we don't "like" each other very much...ha!!...but we do love each other still so much!
Jeff--Yay for us!!!
Renee--Thanks!
Susie--Loking forward to having some fun anniversary posts this week! 40 years--wow!!! That's so great!!!

Cheryl Wray said...

DisneyS--Thanks!!!
Leah--We look SO different in it!! lol
Maria--THANKS!! You're so sweet!!
Kimberly--Thanks! Had a fantastic weekend!!!
Gin--I will definitely share some stories this week!! Watch for some on Wedn. lol
Crazy--Thanks to you too!!

Andy said...

happy anniversary. we had a good one as well. we spent it at the balloon festival which was fun.

TK Angels said...

I am catching up on my blogging buddies. Wow- you both look fantastic in your pics.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Take care,
Love,
Terri

AngelConradie said...

happy belated anniversary wishes cheryl!