Thursday, June 07, 2007

A nice evening
(with food, silence, and the OLW challenge) ...


Delaney, Scout, and I came home from our visit with my Dad with Gary ready to go watch our softbal park's All Star team play across town. S cried that she "wanted to go with Poppy," so he took both girls with him. Which meant, I . . .

* Made a "just for me" dinner (a salad with lots of feta cheese, a glass of wine)
* Baked some chocolate chip cookies
* Straightened up our bedrooms and washed two loads of clothes
* Watched some Food Network (NOT Disney Channel!)
* Sat down and finished this layout for the One Little Word scrapbook blog challenge

Let's just say that "It's good to have Me time!"

Here is my layout...


The challenge was to use the word "Stop" on a scrapbook page. I immediately thought of this photo of a rose from my Mom's awesome garden and then thought of the phrase, "Stop and smell the roses." THEN, I thought of how happy-lovey I have felt since Gary and I took our little anniversary trip together last weekend. We STOPPED and enjoyed a lot of things that we don't have time to enjoy with three children at home. Since then, I've really been thinking of how important it is to enjoy those little moments and things that we often neglect in a marriage--and, actually, in life in general!

So, with my reflections from our weekend still fresh in my mind, this is what the journaling says:

"Stop and...
drink the wine...
act silly...
make love...
use the good glasses...
go somewhere new...
jump in the puddle...
soak in a bath...
wear the new dress...
roll the windows down...
feel the breeze...
say 'i love you'...
smell the roses."

I LOVE the products I used on this page. Most of it is my new Elsie products, but also some Cosmo Cricket stuff. Just too fun!

(By the way...I heard from McKenna! She and Mom are back on American soil, spending the night in New York City. She reported to me that she has $20 left, but gifts for everyone! She sounded like she still had a TON of energy! Mom sounded exhausted, on the other hand, but said that she wants to go back right now!! She loved England and can't wait to return! And, oh, she was interviewed for French radio. That would be my Mother--the friendliest and most talkative person I know, finding a way to share her Southern accent with France! lol They will be home tomorrow night late and I can't wait to hear about everything in person and see all the photos!)

Have a wonderful night and tomorrow!!

(And thanks, Gary, for my night at home! It was wonderful!)

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome page...yay for "me" time!

Susie Q said...

Your evening sounds perfect...an evening without the Disney Channel!
Oh PLEASE tell me what that was like!!! No Zak and Cody/Raven/Hannah Montana/et al....: ) and feta cheese to boot! Yum.

LOVE your pages...wonderful as always!

I would have loved to hear your Mom on French radio! How fun...I know they loved it so much.

I know you will be so glad when they are back with you!

Love and hugs,
Sue

Adriann said...

Well don't you deserve some "Me" time. I love your layout and especially the journaling. Great job!

Wow!! So your mom is a celebrity in France now. How exciting... How did the interview come about?

How kind of your daughter to buy gifts for everyone...

Can't wait to see the pics. Glad to see McKenna and your mom are back in the US, safe and sound.

Take care!

Pear tree cottage! said...

What a lovely blog you have it is filled to the brim with happiness that is for sure......"O! me time if a very good thing"

I hope to see you again.
Lee-ann

Phats said...

Hi Cheryl,
Sounds like a nice evening for you! Not a fan of the food channel, but do watch top chef, you watch that? can I have one of your cookie?

Scrap book looks great! I bet you are relieved they are back on American soil

Anonymous said...

SUPER page!! I love the journaling also. So true!

Anonymous said...

Hi there stranger!!! I am glad to hear that M and your mom have returned safely - look forward to seeing the picks too. I also just love "me time" and grab it at any opportuninty I can!!! Take Care and have a great weekend - Send my regards to the family!!!!!!!!

Adrienne said...

yay! so glad they are almost home and i LOVE the journaling on the page!!!

Josie said...

love your layout and the little reminders! Yeah for a good evening of "me" time!

Josie said...

I just caught up on your blog...I am totally excited for a Harry Potter summer! We just reserved tickets for the midnight opening! I cannot wait!!!!!

Dawn Bibbs said...

What beautiful LO's! Good job. YAY!!! Your daughter and mother made it back to the US safely. I can't WAIT to see the pix they took and hear their stories.

Have a great weekend, my friend.

P.S. By the way, I left you a comment on my "flip flop" posting...

Anonymous said...

Just lovely...

Lynn said...

Great layout Cheryl! Love it!

Lynn

Dawn Bibbs said...

Cheryl, I'd be glad to make you some flip flops. Go to my blog and get my contact info, shoot me an email, then we can discuss the details of what you want. I THINK I have your email address, but I'm not sure if it's you :-). Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheryl Wray said...

Chrystal--Thanks!! Yes, Me time is great!!
SusieQ--We watch Disney Channel ALL the time, it seems! lol My Mom is a nut; I imagine France didn't know what hit them!
Adriann-She was at Normandy and this journalist asked her questions about D-day and our relationship with the French. Pretty cool, huh?
Lee-Ann--Great to see you! Stop by anytime!

Cheryl Wray said...

Phats--I am going to HAVE to make and ship you some cookies sometime!! LOL I got hooked on "The Next Food Channel Star" last night. It was good!
Gin--Thanks!!
NM--HEY back at ya!! Great to hear from you!!!!
Adrienne--Thanks! That's exactly how I've been feeling lately!!
Josie--Ooh, I CANT wait for HP!!! Counting down the days!!
Lynn-Thanks!! I just love your challenge!!
Dawn--Ooh, yay!! That would be great! I'll drop you an email!!

Greta Adams said...

wow cheryl...awesome page...

noel has a challenge up as well you will prolly be interested in...
check it out

www.noelmignonchallenge.blogspot.com

awesome prize she is sending a lucky winner as well.. you have until 6/22

Jude said...

Love you OLW Lo Cheryl!! I passed on the new Elsie last night at LSS and now you are making me regret it!!

Phats said...

Better becareful cheryl I will make you go thru on that! Ilove me some cookies

Kelly said...

Glad your mom and your daughter had a great time. Can't wait to see some photos!

amber daNeLL said...

Cheryl, awesome OLW challenge LO! U Rawked the LOVE, elsie!

~Telah said...

Love all that Elsie you used, Cheryl! You did great on that LO!

cinnibonbon said...

Fantastic! I loved that you also journaled about the other things to "stop-and do". It's amazing what we can do with "me" time, way to go! Also thanks for checking out my OLW layout!

Anonymous said...

love the scrap page! Can't wait for some "me" time..plan on taking a trip once I graduate from nursing school!

Anonymous said...

Love your page and the journaling for it! Also, it sounds like you had a great night (my kind of food, too)! Here's to many more in the future!

Crazy Working Mom said...

Wow, what a great evening!

The page looks awesome as well. Congrats.