Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Random Tuesday
~Just for Fun!~


It seems like forever since I've posted for a Random Tuesday (I actually just missed the one week we were at the beach, but I'm so addicted to this blogging thing that I sometimes feel like it's been longer than it actually has! Know what I mean?)

Thought we'd just do a few fun "get to know me some more" questions. You know how it goes--join in the fun by answering the questions here in my comments section or let us know if you post them on your blog so we can go visit you! Fun, fun!

Okey dokey, here you go...

1. What's your favorite word? (or just a word you're really liking right now?)
This is so cool, because I'm probably one of the few word-nerds out there who actually has favorite words. Probably because I love to both read and write! So...one of my favorite words has always been "epiphany." I just love the way it rolls of the tongue and I love its meaning right now. I love it when I have a revelation about something or a moment of understanding--an epiphany!! I think I'll say it again--ephiphany!!

2. What's the worst sunburn you've ever had?
I've had a couple in my life (although we did great this past week at the beach and came back just rosy and healthy-looking; not a bad burn in the bunch!), but the worst would probably have to be the one I got with my friend Angela when we were seniors in high school. We spent a day at Lake Lurleen outside Tuscaloosa and came back to my house so burned. We stayed in the bathroom most of the night, sitting in the bathtub trying to keep ice all over us!

3. Name three foods currently in your freezer.
Not a lot of exciting stuff happening in there right now! But I do have a Stouffer's french bread pizza (one of my favorite late-night snacks), a box of ice pops (the girls love those things), and some frozen burritos.

4. Were you named after anyone?
My Mom's first name is Cheryl too, although she goes by her middle name (Joanne). My Mom was actually named after Lana Turner's daughter and was supposed to be called Cheryl with a hard "ch" (like in "chair") but then people discouraged by Grandma from calling her that since it was so unique and she became Joanne instead. When I was named after her, though, the Cheryl became the soft "ch" instead (so I'm pronounced "normally" like "sheets." lol)

5. What are two things that made you smile yesterday?
When Sydney put on her favorite sundress (she would wear it everyday right now if she could get away with it!), threw up her arms, and said, "I'm Fabulous!!". And the video on my blog today.

6. Do you have a tatoo?
Nope, sorry no tats. Although I've always kinda been tempted to get one down on my ankle. Maybe when I turn 40 (or 50! lol)

7. D o you still have your tonsils?
Yep, they're still in there!

That was FUN... I can't wait to read your answers! (I always know I'll hear from Jeff on Tuesdays, so I love it!! Hey Jeff!)

And, can you all do one more thing for me today too? Just keep my Mom and brother in your thoughts and prayers. My Mom spent last night in the hospital and they are monitoring here today some. She had a near-fatal brain aneuryism almost 12 years ago and she still has some difficult lingering effects from it; she has "spells" every once in a while where she has searing pain in her head or just feels "not like herself" (she feels dizzy and faint) and she had one of these yesterday. They're doing an MRI on her today. I think she'll be fine, but her neurologist (who really fights for her) wants to double-check everything anyway. And then my brother, Christopher, is meeting with a surgeon about possible back surgery. He has been in AWFUL pain for about two weeks from two shattered vertebrae; they gave him a pain block that gave him a little bit of relief, but not enough. So they're trying to figure out what to do next.

Thanks guys and gals! You are great!!

Now I can't wait to hear from all of you!!!

23 comments:

Adriann said...

OK! I admit, I beginning to read your post and the video caught me. Love the video!!!!

Now, I'm off to read the post. :P

Enjoy your week!

Adriann said...

Will be lifting your family up in prayer.

The video made me smile too. :)

Essential is my favorite word for the moment. I find myself saying it all the time. I love the sound of it and the meaning. Essential is something that is. The basic nature of life. It is essential that I scrapbook. Essential... It's even beautiful to look at with all those esses. It is essential that I get back to work in order to pay for my scrapbook habit.

See ya!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm good questions.
I like the word "grace" because of what it means.
I slather myself with sunblock. so usually not a problem.
Frozen pizza too, some frozen vegetables, ice cream.
Nope, I think m yparents just pulled m yname out of the air.
The warm weather, getting home early from work.
No tattoos.
No tonsils either.

Jeff said...

Okay, it's Tuesday so here I am :)

I will definitely keep your mom and Christopher in my thoughts today. Please keep us posted on how that medical stuff turns out.

1. What's your favorite word? (or just a word you're really liking right now?) Hmmmm. I really like "Wicked." It rolls off the tounge well.. and it get be used for good or bad things. "He was a wicked child" means he was bad. But "that's was wicked!" can mean that was awesome. Love the versatile words.

2. What's the worst sunburn you've ever had?
At some point in high school, can't remember when, I went to the beach for a week with friends and family. I managed to sunburn my feet. No fun!

3. Name three foods currently in your freezer.
Two kinds of ice cream right now (Penaut Butter chunk, which is mine, and Cake Batter, which is Will's), frozen spinich and a Weight Watcher's lasgna

4. Were you named after anyone?
Nope. It was an original name for the family.

5. What are two things that made you smile yesterday?
Hmmmm... had to think about that becuase I felt crappy yesterday in general. But here's two: 1) We watched the rest of the Food Network Challenge: Extreme Cakes last night (we started it on Sunday, but didn't finish), I loved the 6-ft tall Revegne of the Sock Monkey Cake! It cracked me up a lot. 2) Just getting home after a day of work while feeling crappy. I laid down on the couch and Will rubbed my head a bit, which helped my headache a lot... that made me smile too.

6. Do you have a tatoo?
Nope... and I don't want any either.

7. Do you still have your tonsils?
Yep... the cause trouble ever hayfever season.

Cheryl Wray said...

Adriann--That's too funny about the video. It just cracks me up! I love the song and the video makes me laugh everytime I see it. Essential is a great word!!
Gin--Yes, Grace is a wonderful word. Probably the BEST word!
Jeff--Ooh yeah, Wicked IS a great word!! Love it!!
And I am SO lovin that Extreme Cake episode. I loved the giant sock monkey. So cool! I've also gotten hooked on the Next Food TV Star. So good-mostly because food is involved too! Ooh, tell Will I am there with him on the Cake Batter ice cream. Tried it last week and it's good!!

Theresa Tyree said...

Important things first-
Prayers already said for Mom and brother.
Fun random facts-
1. Favorite word. Hhhmmm. I don't know, but I remember studying a famous author (can't remember who he was now) who thought the most beautiful words in the English language were "cellar door". Isn't that stupid? Aren't I stupid for remembering that? LOL
2. Worst sunburn? Come on, you're talking to a half-Filipino here. We don't get badly burned. My husband, a red-head, on the other hand is a different story.
3. Three freezer foods? Those bite sized ice cream NIB things. So yummy. Saw the commercial and immediately went and bought some. Wild hand picked blackberries for pie and bags of frozen veggies.
4. Named after anyone? Well, my God-father or a priest named me. Can't remember which one. My name is Maria Theresa. I know. Very Catholic hispanic.
5. Yesterday's smile? An email joke. Today's smile: I laughed out loud about your daughter throwing her hands up saying "I'm fabulous!" I could just picture her doing that. I guess she gets her diva attitude from mom. Ha ha.
6. Tattoo? Yes. My eyeliner. If I ever get a real one, it'll have something to do with my boy's names or initials or something like that.
7. Yup, still have the ole tonsils.
Thanks for a fun questionnaire!

Unknown said...

Hi Cheryl, thanks for dropping by my blog and your wonderful words.

Mississippi Songbird said...

Your family is in my prayers..

1 Favorite word...Yes
2.I got sunburned at Galveston,Texas when I went with my cousins. I was 11. They were teens. We were in the sun all day. Even rode in the back of the pickup an hour there and back. That was really bad..

3.pot pies..frozen veggies.. catfish..pie shells
4.Yes, I was named after my brother,Steve and my Dad, Arland.
5.e-mail from a special person and my kids and my pets.
6.No.. and I don't intend to ever
7.Yes.. Still have my tonsils..

Bunches of hugs....

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know about your Mom and Christopher. Hoping they will be doing much better very soon!

Hugs,
Marg

Anonymous said...

My favorite word is love. My favorite is when my kiddos tell me the love me! :)

The worst sunburn I've ever had was when I was in high school I got burned really bad and I had huge blisters all over my face and on my mouth. It was horrible!!! I had to take medicine for it. I still have scars on my lips too.

Foods in my freezer: Broccoli, corn, ice cream!

I don't know where in the hell my mother came up with my name...nobody in my family has the name!

My son telling me "I LaLou (love you) Mommy as he kissed my forehead because I was home sick with a migrane, and my daughter telling me that her aunt braids her hair better than I do! *LOL*

No tattoos and yes I still have my tonsils! :)

Adrienne said...

Great post!!!
1. Seriously...lol
2.Never had sunburn! LOL
3. icecream, chicken, bread lol
4.Nope!
5. Umm, probably when the kitty fell off the shelf lol, she wasn't supposed to be there anyway. She was playing with my ribbon! LOL
6.No but I want one! BAD!!
7. Yep..still there!
FUN!

Susie said...

I enjoyed reading your answers to these! Love the "I'm fabulous" Too cute :)
I've said a prayer for your Mom and brother..

Anonymous said...

1). Fave word is enjoy.
2).had a terrible sunburn in high school. My friend and i layed on a solar blanket (we are very pale) and burnt to a crisp. It still haunts me. been slathering ever since!!
3).frozen veggies, bread, waffles
4).not named after anyonw
5).Finished my olw page, ordered Christine Middlecamp's clear album kit!
6). no tattoos
7). still got the tonsils!

thanks Cheryl, that was fun!

Cheryl Wray said...

Theresa--Thanks for the prayers! You're a doll!! And isn't it funny what we remember? Cellar door? yep, pretty bizarre!! And oh yummy, fresh blackberries. A cobbler would be so good with those!
Sharmaine--Glad you stopped by!
Songbird--Yes is a very good word!!! And thanks for the prayers!
Marg--Thanks for the concern! Mom is still in the hospital, getting one more test done this morning.
Crazy--Isn't love the best word? Especially when it's said to you? Nothing warms my heart more than my girls telling me.
Adrienne-Hmm, what kind of tattoo do you want? lol And yeah, sorry about the sunburn question. lol
Susie--Thanks for the prayers!!
Heather--Enjoy is a GREAT word!! Ooh yuck on the solar blanket. I bet that was awful! I still gotta do my OLW layout. Hopefully today!

Dawn Bibbs said...

Hello there Miss Cheryl! What great questions...and even better answers. Where do you come up with these? Or do you just make them up yourself? Either way, I always love reading your answers. I get to learn a little more about you every time I read them.

Have a great week!

Brown English Muffin said...

A dear friend of ours just passed away on July 3rd from an aneurysm. He was due to turn 40 on August 4th. I couldn't believe he was really gone. I still can't believe he's really gone. He had many symptoms that he should have gone and had checked out by a dr but he was old fashioned and stuck in his stubborn southern ways where he'd only see a dr if absolutely necessary. He used to laugh at my dh for doing yearly physicals. Now I wish my dh had skipped him and told his wife to nag him until he went to the dr. He was just too young to die.

I will pray for your mother and brother right after I hit submit.

Linda said...

will definitly lift your fam in prayers and keep them there. I always belief in the best so I'm definitely feeling things will be good. Love the Random tuesday post.... I think I already did these when Karla or someone sent to me. Fun stuff. Again, you and yours are in my prayers. Be peaceful.

Anonymous said...

Love your fun questions and answers!!

Southern Heart said...

What a fun list! We always have pizza and burritos in our freezer, too (and no tats here, either).

Prayers and good thoughts for your mother and brother. I hope that all is well!

Andrea

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,
I will definitely be keeping your mom and Christopher in my prayers. Since I'm staying with my mother (she's getting around better with her walker and wheelchair), this is the first chance I've had to look at your blog in a long time! The scrapbook page is beautiful! You know I love you and your girls lots! Hope the reading challenge is going well! Keep us posted about your mom and Christopher and send them my best wishes!
Love you,
Angela

Andrea Frazer said...

I am too lazy to do the whole thing. But I love the word "tenacity", and I do indeed have a tatoo on my left butt cheek. Got it for my first husband - um... dummmmmmmmb. Nice learning more about you.

Loreluca said...

So sorry to hear about your mom and brother! Will keep them in our prayers!

I'm not quite sure that this qualifies as a word, but YES-A-ROONIE POSITOONIE has been mine lately. I know, I know, too much cartoon watching for me!

Worse sunburn was the day me and my friends went to see the Pope in Monterrey, MX. We were all day long under the sun, and I didn't think about sun block. Yup, even us brown skinned burn!

In my freezer you'd find veggies, steak and waffles

I was named after my abuelita. My parents weren't expecting me so early, but at 7 months, mom fell in the bathtub, and I was born (had to be in the incubator for a while). In any event, when dad made it to the hospital, they asked him what was the child's name, and he blurted out "Paula Maria", because he was so nervous he couldn't remember that my grammy's name is Maria Paula (his own mom!) LOVE my name!

Picking up Connor and Coco
Seeing Brian walk in the door
Cesar's arms around my shoulders saying Good Morning, momma

No tatoo here, either!

And yes, tonsils still here!

Susie Q said...

I will be keeping your Mom and brother in my prayers and thoughts...

I love your list...your answers are always just wonderful!

Such fun things to help make my day happy!

Love,
Sue