A Few "Life with Scout" moments...leading into our Random Tuesday " group participation for today!!
LOL...how about that for a title for my post today?
Sydney (or "Scout" as we call her about half the time--especially when she's being very precocious and/or silly!) has had a couple of very meaningful conversations with me in the last day or two, and I thought I'd share them with you all!
* "I Need to Tell You Four Things"
Yesterday morning, as I worked on some household chores and Scout watched some television, she started her conversation in a way she does pretty often these days. She said, "I need to tell you four things" and the conversation went something like this (it was pretty much one-sided, with me just nodding my head at her and trying not to giggle):
"I need to tell you four things, Momma.
I ate all my cinnamon roll.
I don't want to watch Wonder Pets.
I want to play with my Polly Pockets.
ANNNNDDDD (said just the way I spelled it out here...very slow and drawn-out)
I don't know where they are."
* "My Momma said I can't..."
It's so nice to know that my children sometimes actually listen to what I tell them to do. It's especially nice to know that Scout listened to me last week when I reprimanded her about hair-cutting WHILE she was getting a spanking.
The proof that she was listening to me came when the mother of a friend was complimenting her on her new haircut the other day.
The mother told her: "I love your hair, Sydney. Can you cut mine?" She replied: "My Momma says I can never cut anyone else's hair EVER again!" (Oh yeah...she heard every single word I said to her! lol)
* "These are my favorite songs."
Remember the post that I wrote back during the Summertime about how Scout is like a little pre-teen pop princess, at least according to the music she likes to listen to? Well, I sadly got more proof of this fact this afternoon as we were driving down the road and listening to the radio on the way to pick up the girls from school.
"Momma?" she said. "Do you wanna know what my favorite songs are?"
Of course I did, I told her. (Because, believe me, even if you don't really want to hear something she has to say, she will tell you NO MATTER what. Remember that she is a talking machine!).
"My favorite songs are 'Dora the Explorer,' 'Jesus Loves Me,' 'The Kim Possible Song,' and 'Buy You a Drank'."
Yes, it's sad but true. My three-year-old knows there is actually a song called "Buy You a Drank"... AND she puts it in the same category as Dora the Explorer and Jesus Loves Me. (I'm seriously gonna have to read a few chapters of some parenting books today!)
And now for our regular Random Tuesday post...
Let me take us back to the first conversation I mentioned in my post today. The "Four Things I Need to Tell You" conversation made me think that perhaps we could share four things with each other today!
What four things are on your mind today? What four things do you want to share with me--and the rest of us--today?
The four things can be meaningful and serious; they can be silly or funny; they can be totally disconnected with anything really important. Just share any FOUR things with me and us!
For my part, here is my submission for "I Need to Tell You Four Things" . . .
1. Did anyone else see the Britney Spears non-performance on the Video Music Awards? I hate to even jump on the bash-britney-bandwagon but, seriously girl . . . even I (who has almost no rhythm and a slightly jiggly stomach myself) could have danced that dance!
2. The Dallas Cowboys looked GOOD on Sunday night!!
3. As we commemorate September 11th today, I will say a little prayer for all those still affected by it. Such a hard, hard time to even remember.
4. I totally dig my family! I have a husband who makes killer breakfasts for all of us, a 15-year-old who asks her little sister to have "sleepovers" with her , an 11-year-old who still tells me she loves me every night, and a 3-year-old who provides me with all sorts of great blogging material!!
So...share away!! Give me your four!!