Sunday, September 09, 2007

I'm Lovin It...

On this Sunday afternoon, I'm happy because:

. . . Alabama won a big one yesterday over Vanderbilt. A lot of people were pegging it as a potential upset, but I said beforehand that I hoped we won by at least two touchdowns. I got my wish! 24-10!! Roll Tide!!!

. . . I got to watch football pretty much ALL day yesterday. The Bama game started it off at 11 and I went the whole day on the couch in the den, covered up with a blanket, eating snacks, drinking Dr. Pepper; ended the day at almost 11:30, watching Auburn get beat.

. . . We had a WONDERFUL victory Friday night at our high school football game. Won in overtime, and we looked really good!!

. . . Right now, I'm eating a brownie that I just pulled out of the oven. And you know the kind? It's that still-warm-and -a-little-undercooked variety. Mushy and warm. Yummy!!!

. . . Had a great morning at church (even though I did the children's minute during the service and I pretty much got manhandled by a bunch of 4-, 5-, and 6-year olds! They were very talkative and I think my point was completey lost on them! The preacher followed me up by asking the congregation, "Now, who wants to do that next week?" LOL)

. . . Sydney's asleep by me, her head resting sweetly on my arm. I love this girl!

. . . It's Sunday afternoon and I don't have anything particular to do for approximatly 5 hours. That's always a good thing!!

. . . I'm going to "waste" these last five hours by surfing the web, maybe scrapbooking, and (most importantly!) finishing my latest mystery novel. The mystery is about to unravel and I think I know who did it. Nothing I love better than curling up with a good book and seeing the plot come together. (Unless it's doing that while eating a warm brownie at the same time! Oh yeah...life is good!)

24 comments:

Jacquie said...

Ok you had me at "brownie out of the over" seriously YUM!!

Adrienne said...

UGH......you are making me want some brownies...hmm or peach cobbler lol. SOMETHING SWEET AND RIGHT OUT OF THE OVEN! Bad, bad cheryl! Thanks for the book. I'll bring it back tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Oh it sounds like you might be in heaven! I know the streets are lined with warm gooey brownies there! :)

Have a great Sunday.

She-Ra said...

See now I can do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE once I've started reading a book until I've read it all. The children starve, the sky falls on my head. Doesn't matter. Can't stop until I finish!

And I would kill for a brownie. Yum. I have been allowing myself half of a dark chocolate bar each day as a peace offering to my sanity.

Andi said...

Sounds like a perfect day! I want a brownie too!!!

Cheryl Wray said...

Jacquie--LOL!! The brownies were seriously good!!

Adrienne--Oh, peach cobbler would be good too.

Crazy--Ha! I think you might be right!!!

She-ra--I am the same way. I get so involved in a book and want to get through it quick! I love a good day of reading!

Andi--Sounds like I have driven all of you crazy with my brownie talk!

Dawn Bibbs said...

Ahhh, that's my kind of weekend.

Other than spending a few hours at the soccer field (YAY!), we just hung out around the house too and watched football...ok, I watched Marque watch football, lol.

Brownies...did you save me one? Dawn LOVES brownies! Ooo, that reminds me, my MIL just made a homemade peach cobbler...I'd better go check on that. Hee hee

Talk to ya soon!

Linda said...

I suddenly have a craving for something warm and chocolatey!!
Your weekend sounds a lot like mine - although I did do a bit of housecleaning yesterday. A good football game, a great book, a sweet little girl and chocolate. Can't beat that.
Have a great week Cheryl.

Kimberly said...

Glad you had a great weekend and that brownie sounds yummy. I was glad to hear today that Auburn got beat. Roll Tide!

Susie said...

Mmm, warm brownies just the way I love them with a nice cold glass of milk! Along with a book to read and a cuddly child makes for a nearly perfect Sunday afternoon.
:)

Anonymous said...

Yummm...sounds like a wonderful Sunday indeed! :)

Cheryl Wray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day.

~Telah said...

What a wonderful day of football...Alabama won and Auburn got beat! Roll Tide!

Wendy said...

Lucky you. Spending the day on the couch. Hey I saw that Tide ROLLLL this weekend. It was awesome. I've also done my time with little ones at church....Man do they wear you out...Being in a ladies class at church is so cool now. And my favorite is choc. chip cookies straight from the oven Yummy!!!!!...Have a great week!!!

Linda said...

I'm in a rut with books. can't find one that I like right now, and I just got through over the last two months reading 4 or 5 that were awesome. Anyway, so glad you got a day of football in... so did my hubby while I happily scrapped and played. My kinda day. But the Raiders were lookin good for a while!!!!

Cheryl Wray said...

Dawn--Yummo on the peach cobbler! You and Adrienne are killin me!

Linda--You are SO right!!! Nothing beats that combo! (But I did need to do some housecleaning too!)

Kimberly-Roll Tide!

Susie--Yep, just about perfect.

Maria--It WAS nice!

Cheryl Wray said...

Gin--Yep! A good one!

Telah--:-) Not much better than that huh?

Wendy--Ooh...chocolate chip straight from the oven. Heavenly too!

Linda--Don't you hate that? When you get stuck in a rut and can't find a book that interests you? Ever since finishing HP, I'd been like that. Until I found my latest mystery! It was good!!! And, my NFL team (Dallas) looked good yesterday! yay!

Unknown said...

What, no post yet?? What are you doing today? Probably reading all the Alabama Articles on this weeks bit Win!!

Rollllll Tide!!

Nina Diane said...

Hey Cheryl.....my kind of Sunday! At exactly 12:59 on Sunday I plopped down in my recliner with my baby blanket I'm crocheting and proceeded to watch awesome football ALL DAY LONG! Had to break to eat supper and clean up. Then to bed to watch my beloved Cowboys put a whoppin on the Giants. I love the fall!!

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Glad Bama won and glad Auburn didn't. I'm not sure why I don't like Auburn...but I never have so what's the point of dwelling on it, right?

Oh and just in case you wondered...Oklahoma won, too! Woo-hoo! Go OU! (I know - one of these days I'm going to visit your site and see where you've deleted one of my comments because I couldn't stop with the "Go OU" stuff...I'm trying, REALLY I am!).

Kelly said...

sounded like a good day.

Unknown said...

I WANT BROWNIES!!!!

Phats said...

WOOHOO we won as well!! even survived a 1 hr lightning delay.

I put a msg for you about Delany on my new post!

Brownies, where is mine?