Thursday, September 06, 2007

Gettin' Scrappy with It...

(First off, please forgive my really bad Will Smith "gettin' jiggy with it" title allusion. But it just kinda came to me and it worked...I think! LOL

And then to Adriann...I appreciate your comments, but NO I am not preggers. Ha! You simply don't know me well enough to know that I have serious food issues. Not bad or unhealthy issues mind you. It just makes me happy and I'm really bad about eating like I'm eating for two (or three, or four!). In fact, yesterday Gary came home with some groceries and Scout was running around squealing and jumping and being just really overly excited. Gary came downstairs and said to me, "That child is just like you. She loves food too much." LOL)

Okay, now on to my Scrappy creations. I had SO much fun last night working on some scrapbook pages. My first priority is to get my 20 Things to do This Summer album done (since, it seems, that Summer is apparently over with!) So, I did four pages for it last night and here they are...

First off is my page devoted to #8 on the list, which was "Make Homemade Ice Cream." I love this page design, which I actually got from the Unpubbed scrapbook challenge blog this week. So, Unpubbed gals, here is mine for this time...

That page actually has the recipe for the EASIEST homemade ice cream I have ever tried. I got it from Gary's Mom, Clara, and it is FANTASTIC. All you do is mix a carton of extra creamy cool whip, one can of eagle brand condensed milk, and almost 1/2 gallon of milk. Do it up in your ice cream maker like you're supposed to and...voila...yummy!!! (I made chocolate one time just by using chocolate milk.) I also made butterfinger ice cream one time by just crushing up butterfinger candy bars and mixing it in almost at the end. And, when I made plain vanilla I did put a teensy bit of vanilla extract in it too. Man...this makes me want some ice cream now!!

Next is the page I did for #3 on my list, which was "Try two new ethnic restaurants." I just had to capture this memory, which a lot of you might remember from the post I wrote on it when we did it. We tried a really good Thai restaurant, where I loved the coconut soup and Sydney loved the noodles. McKenna didn't like the squid sushi so much, but she tried it! LOL I really enjoyed using the playing card for the number and I also thought the papers and the letters and things here on the page looked "ethnic." (And, nope, we didn't get to our second restaurant we wanted to try. It's a new Indian restaurant in town, but I'm still committed to trying it soon!)

#13 on my list was "Write a Poem" and here is the layout I did for it. It's actually really simple; I just printed my poem out on the computer and then also wrote some notes around it on why writing poetry is cathartic and special to me.

Here is my page for #20, which was "Run Through a Sprinkler." I actually didn't do this one like I was supposed to. It was supposed to be ME that made it through the sprinkler, but instead I captured a picture of Delaney and her friend Erin in the backyard sprinkler. Although sprinkler pictures, it seems, would need bright "summery" colors, I just love this new Basic Grey paper and it seemed to just match the photo perfectly. That--and the cool Rusty Pickle arrows and stars--are all from Scrapbook Mania, my lss. As are pretty much all of the papers on the other layouts too!

And then this page is just a fun page to go in my general scrapbook! I just KNEW I had to use this picture on a page soon. It is my VERY favorite picture of the girls right now...because they just look so happy and tan and healthy, and they are simply enjoying being with each other. They are simply the coolest daughters ever and this picture makes me realize it! (I used some of my new Love, Elsie paper here. Love it!)

I actually just finished scanning some fun pictures of me from elementary and junior high, which are going into the School Days Mini Album for my class next Saturday at Scrapbook Mania. I will pop on and post it--and some other pages I'm working on--either tomorrow afternoon or evening.

I hope all of you have a FANTASTIC Thursday. We are excited because tonight Delaney has a practice game getting ready for the Fall travel softball season. The team we were on last Spring, the Birmingham Thunderbolts Purple, became the Birmingham Mustangs. Our coach (who we love!) started this new group and most of our girls came back with us. We added a new, awesome pitcher (who also happens to be one of Delaney's best friends). We move up to 12-under, though, which will be some changes that we'll have to get used to. Anyway...looking forward to seeing how they play tonight.

I'm gonna try and pop onto some more of your blogs in a bit. I've been missing visiting everyone as much as usual. Just been busy. I'm sure you all know how that is...

Talk to you again soon!!

39 comments:

Delia said...

There's a part of me that sees beautiful pages like that and wants to try my hand at a scrapbook but I haven't yet. Maybe someday.

Anyway, I love your scrapbook pages.

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC. I really like the restaurant one, and the ice cream one.

Good luck to Delaneys team

Linda said...

FAB girlie. Love the los. These are great.

Jill said...

So creative! I would love to try my hand at scrapbooking but right now I don't really have any spare time. I walk up and down the scrapbooking aisles at Hobby Lobby and Michaels and drool.

Sheila said...

Great LOs.... like Delia said seeing your beautiful LOs make me want to try my hand at scrapping. I was actually in Dollar Tree and they had a host of scrapping stuff... I became so overwhelmed I ended up walking out empty handed...lol

Cheryl Wray said...

Delia--You SHOULD try it
You would LOVE it. It's truly addictive, and so much fun!!!

Gin--Thanks!!! I hop ethey do well. I'll let you know how it goes.

Linda--Thanks!!!!

Jill--Ditto what I said to Delia!! You should try it. I know it takes time when you're really busy. But you could start by just doing a page or two a week. And see if you like it. And yes, scrapbook stores are dangerous!!!

Sheila--You really should take it slow and try it. Pick out some of your recent fave photos, go get you some of that stuff from the store, and see how it goes. you'd love it!!

Unknown said...

LOVE the layouts and the idea behind them! I want to do an album like that on 50 or 100 things to do in my lifetime. I saw it in a magazine where they wrote their list and had it at the front of the album. Once they accomplished one of the items on the list they created a scrapbook page and put the number on the page that corresponded with the number on the list (like you did) I thought what an AWESOME idea!

camport said...

love the colors! Great LO!

Chrissy
unpubbed.blogspot.com

Adriann said...

LOL! Ok then, now I hate you because you can eat like you described and wear a size 8. Argh!!!!

Great new LO's!!! I see why you like the Elsie so much. Fun colors.

Dawn Bibbs said...

What grat LO's, Cheryl. You're really good at this scrapbooking thing...:-)

Adrienne said...

WOO HOO! you got a lot done!!

Greta Adams said...

man i would say you were scrappy with it....great stuff....

Cheryl Wray said...

Kathy--Wow!!! That album idea is fantastic! Wouldn't that be a wonderful album to have of your whole life? I'm reallyglad I did this summer album. I really may do it each year!

Chrissy--Thanks!!

Adriann--LOL!! I really do eat way too much, but the older I get the harder it is for me to get away with it!! And, yes, I love everything from the Elsie line so far. So fun!!

Dawn--Ahh, shucks!! You're too sweet! :-)

Adrienne--I did!! It's so cool when I actually sit down and am inspired to do so much in a sitting!

Greta--Thanks! I sure had fun doing them!

Anonymous said...

Okay..you did a great job on that layout! And the ice cream is making me drool! I love it!! Thanks for playing!

Yvonne

Wendy said...

Oh My goodness....I finally found another person that will admit to being a lover of food. I tell you what, this ole girl here can put away some food. lol I love your layouts too. I am so envious of you and Telah. I wish I could get that creative.

Phats said...

Hello Cheryl
Great scrapbook pages, you are so creative and clever! I should sign you up to decorate lockers at our HS

I had a nice exchange of emails today with gary, and broke the news you offered to plan and pay for my wedding! :)

Crystal said...

amazing work that you do. :)

Loreluca said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE those LOs!!! They are just so vibrant and fresh... love them!
You totally reminded me of my grandpa Luis. He loved making ice cream from scratch, and I LOVED his ice cream, kind of a gelato one. He always made Lime, Mango or Guava... sometimes strawberry. You just brought great memories to mind!
I LOVE your LO with the cool girls, too... VERY cool!

Mandy said...

Lovin' the layouts ~ especially the homemade ice cream and the one of the girls. I bought some of that same Love, Elsie paper and can't wait to use it.

Jenster said...

You're so creative! I love all those pages.

Melissa said...

Love the layouts! :)
Thanks for the comments on my blog

Cheryl Wray said...

Yvonne--Thanks!! your layout was great inspiration!

Wendy--hee hee! I LOVE some good food. Food really is one of the greatest pleasures in life!

Phats--ROFLOL!!!! I will have to talk to Gary about this! If I'm paying for it, though, I'm sorry to say it will probably be a pretty cheap wedding!!!

Crystal--Thanks! So sweet!

Cheryl Wray said...

Loreluca--The gelato sounds SO good!!!! Yumm-o!!!!

Mandy--Thanks!! Can't wait to see what you make with the Elsie paper. Hey--have FUN at the game!!!

Jenster--Thanks!

Melissa--Thanks!! Praying you're doing well today!!!

Nina Diane said...

Love, love your pages!! They look great

Anonymous said...

Such cute pages. Good job!
Your girls are too cute.

Marg

Edleen said...

wowzers! amazing pages!
love all of them :)

can i link you up over at my place Cheryl? *wink*

Dawn Bibbs said...

Hey, I just thought of something. When I first read this post, I thought the paper on the "Homemade Icecream" LO looked familiar. Well DUH...I used it on the "JOY" LO I did of Jayla. This old age is killing me...along with Mr. Blanks :-).

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

I love these pages! I've got to remember to do that next summer (the 20 things thing).

Thanks for telling me you already thought I was a moody, crazy wench. Just goes to show - you can fool some people some of the time, blah, blah, blah. But YOU saw right through me, obviously! lol I'm going to write a book about menopause and make sure that every woman who is underage (that is to say, not yet menopausal) will be forced to read it. Yeah - it's a form of revenge for me. And maybe even a little bit of thrilling torture. But this is what menopause has made me. Brace yourself. You're still young - but your day will come. And I'll be lurking out here in Blogland just waiting for you. hahahahaha

Cheryl Wray said...

Nina--Thanks!

Marg--Thanks! They ARE cute! lol

Edleen--You're so sweet! Thanks! Of course; link me on up! :-)

Dawn--Ha!! I will have to go back now and look at your layout again. Thhought it was fun paper!

Kari--HAhahaha!! You crack me up!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! You've been busy...pages and activities (the ice cream one has me drooling -- page and activity, heh-heh)! Your pages are all so AWESOME!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

You are scrappy!

TK Angels said...

How good are you? Great pages. My "goal" is to take time for myself in the fall and then I will try to go to a scrapbooking class at least once a week *smile*

I really need to get going on some of these books I have sitting around.

Take care,
Love,
Terri

I will have to come back and check more closely your pages-I may have to borrow your ideas *smile*

Deborah Fantasia said...

Hi Cheryl,
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your nice comment !:)

I also have never done any scrapbooking, although I LOVE pictures and have them everywhere in my house framed.
Scrapbooking would probably be right up my alley, maybe I'll try it sometime !
Deborah

Mika said...

The cool girls lo is great. Hope to see you at www.mikascrap.typepad.com
Mika

Jude said...

You are cranking out the LOS!! They all look great, and so does that ice cream!

metrochic said...

hiya! i just saw your comment over at my blog. thanks for checking my stuff out and our category stories blog! i hope you get a chance to play along. i don't remember seeing a cusack entry yet...am off to check it out! have a great weekend! - heather

Susie Q said...

Your pages are so beautiful! I especially love the last one with the girls. You are just a scrapping dynamo! Talented and creative like crazy!
Hugs,
Sue

Trish said...

Your scrapbook pages look great!

ScrappinMyRoots said...

Love the album topic...20 things to do this summer! Great layouts. I'm loven #13 - write a poem layout.