Tuesday, May 06, 2008
Random Tuesday "Music Quiz" and other Fun Stuff...
Okay, first off, I am feeling really weird right now. It is 7 am and McKenna and Delaney are out of the house and I'm still sitting here in my pajamas. McKenna drove them both to a prayer breakfast and then to school and it just feels weird. I know, I know. It's VERY cool that McKenna can drive them now (it's already saving me time and gas...this past weekend, I was making fried shrimp and Gary decided he needed to run to the store to get cocktail sauce and, well, McKenna jumped up real quick, grabbed her keys, and said she'd go get it. Ha!). But it's that same ole-same ole I've talked about here a lot lately...it just means that they're growing up and it's HARD for me.
Alright, enough pitiful Mom-ness...
How about a fun Random Tuesday posting?
I have actually seen this meme on several other blogs (Telah, Kimberly) and thought I'd join in the fun. The challenge is to randomly play the top songs on your Ipod or whatever music device you use, post the first lines of the songs, and put them on your blog for people to try and guess. Well, I don't have an Ipod (I know! what century am I living in, huh? Everyone else--well, not Sydney--has an mp3 player, but I'd just rather listen to the radio or listen to my CDs in the car. But, I'm slowly coming around and thinking that I MIGHT need one, if I can have one of those base stations so it's basically like having a CD player).
(Also, I kinda thought this meme went along great with the news that the American Idol kiddoes would be singing songs tonight that are on the list of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 500 most important songs. You can read that list HERE, which is kinda cool!)
Anyway, I digress...
So, I took the 10 CDs that seem like they are played ALL the time in my car (either by a daughter's request, or because it's a current personal favorite of mine) and picked a song from each CD. Here are the first lines of those songs. If you know what song it is, post your answer in my comments section and I will update it with the "winner" listed with it. (And, yes, some of these are EXtremely easy, but a few are not. And, yes, it's quite interesting to see what we listen to as we drive to-and-fro!)
1. "State the obvious, I didn't get my perfect fantasy": "Picture to Burn," by Taylor Swift; guessed by "Frequent Reader" (hey--glad to see you pop by!!)
2. "I'm the kinda girl that hangs with the guys": "Hey Baby," by No Doubt, by FR again
3. "I got my sights set on you and I'm ready to aim": "See You Again" by Miley Cyrus, guessed by Lorri
4. "I'm changing lanes. I'm talking on the phone." "Days go By" by Keith Urban, FR
5. "Five hundred twenty five thousand six hundred minutes." "Seasons of Love," from the Rent soundtrack, guessed first by Adrienne
6. "Head under water, And they tell me to breathe easy for a while." "Love Song" by Sara Barielles, by FR
7. "It's a little bit funny, this feeling inside." "Your Song" by Elton John, guessed first by Leah
8. "Waking up I see that everything is okay": "Innocence" by Avril Lavigne, guessed by my darling daughter Delaney! ha!!!
9. "Told you I made dinner plans. You and me and no one else" "SOS" by the Jonas Brothers, by Lorri first and then Delaney and McKenna!! ha again!!
10. "You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life" "Dancing Queen," by ABBA, guessed by FR
Okay, guess away! (But don't google for lyrics or anything. No cheating allowed!) First correct guesses get a prize...well, actually they get the satisfaction of a job well done!! LOL
(Edited to Add: Pretty interesting mix of music, huh? You can see the fact that I have girls evidenced by Miley Cyrus and Jonas Brothers and Taylor Swift--although, I have to say that i do listen to those CDs even when they're not in the car. And the No Doubt and Avril and Keith U. are totally my choices. AND, Sydney is probably the only 4-year-old who loves Broadway musicals. She yells "Rent, Rent!!" when she gets in the car and wants to listen to that whole soundtrack. Funn-ny! And then some Old School too, with Abba and Elton. Good times!)
And to make this a "true" Random Tuesday post in which I ask you to participate by asking a question about yourself--
What music are you listening to right now? What CD should I go out and buy? What song just makes you happy?
(And, participate in this fun little meme if you want to by posting on your own blog!)
And, oh yeah, how can we forget that today is International No Diet Day??!!! What in the world should I eat in celebration of this day? (Ding Dongs? a really greasy chili dog? cheesecake? one of my very favorite desserts ever which I like to call Chocolate Mess--basically a not-quite-cooked-all-the-way brownie that's still very hot and gooey with vanilla ice cream on top?) What would YOU eat if there was no risk of calories or fat or any of that evil stuff? (Cmon now, you can get away with it today!)
I hope you all have a FANTASTIC Tuesday!!!!!! See ya soon!!!!