Tuesday, December 09, 2008
O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree
We usually have two or three Christmas trees in our home each year. One is in our living room and it holds all of our more "traditional" ornaments (ones made of glass and porcelain; and most of them are in the same color schemes--clear, glass, red, gold, or white). An angel sits atop it.
Last year, I found a tree that just made me Happy with a capital "H." It's a white tree with bright lights; all of the ornaments are retro in style--think hot pink and lime green and purple and blue. It sits in my dining room, which is right above my living room.
I can sit on my living room couch and enjoy views of both of them.
We also usually have a live tree that goes in our den. It holds all of our more "rustic" ornaments, as well as all of our homemade ones. We haven't made it to the tree farm yet, so it's not up yet.
But I wanted to share pictures of my Formal Tree and my Fun, Funky Tree--and all of the fun we had decorating them.
Some of my favorite things about decorating the trees include...
* The girls making sure they are putting up "their" ornaments (they each have ornaments that have been given to them over the years)
* All the picking-up that has to be done to reach the high branches (Scout on Gary's shoulders; Delaney on McKenna's)
* Deciding whose turn it is to put the angel on top
* Turning out the lights, lighting the fire in the fireplace, then looking at the lights
* Being able to pile presents under them now!
What sort of tree do you have?
Have you put your tree up?
What are your favorite decorations?
Any special traditions connected to your tree?