25 Random Things, and a Photo Meme
My friend Nicol tagged me over on my Facebook page to share 25 random facts about myself. I already posted them on my page over there (if you have a Facebook page, invite me to add you as a friend!), and thought I should share the love here as well.
I've already done these "7 random things about me" things before here on my blog, but this was a little different. 25 random facts with very little extra information. Just small snippets of Cheryl Nuggets.
1. I was born in Texas.
2. I love to bake, especially sweets. And I love to try new recipes.
3. I love to go to wineries.
4. I had a bike accident when I was in the ninth grade and I haven't ridden a bike since.
5. I've never ridden a roller coaster (and don't plan to).
6. I went "parking" one time on an airport runway.
7. I'm the biggest Bama fan anywhere (and don't tell me otherwise).
8. My children's names (McKenna, Delaney, and Sydney/aka Scout) were inspired by a movie, a song, and a book. (Care to guess what they are?)
9. I love John Cusack.
10. I love Monty Python.
11. Yep, Star Wars too. (I'm really just a geek at heart!)
12. I teach an adult Sunday School class.
13. I keep my camera in my car at all times.
14. I can't read just one book. I always have at least two going at once.
15. My mom and I were delivered by the same doctor.
16. I love to play Scrabble.
17. I appeared one time on the "CBS Evening News."
18. I think one of my best gifts is encouraging others.
19. I'm proud because my kids' friends call me The Cool Mom.
20. I've met former President Carter, and we love to visit historic presidential sites (remember: I'm a geek).
21. I've never had a broken bone.
22. "Willie Wonka" scares me (one time it came on tv when I was maybe 12 and I hid all night in the bathroom while it was on. And I really have no idea why I just thought of that!).
23. Gary and I met on a dance floor, and he later proposed to me on the same dance floor.
24. I don't take showers. I take baths.
25. I can still do the splits.
So, there you go....random facts about me once again...some that you probably already know (because I'm sorta like an old gal on here; I forget stories and stuff that I've already told you before), and some new facts too (didn't know I was phobic of bikes, huh?). If you feel so inclined, post similarly on your own blog!
And while I'm at answering tags and challenges, it's time I responded to a meme that Faye challenged me with back at the beginning of the week. It's a photo meme that asks you to: Go to your pictures folders on your computer and find the sixth folder; then open up the sixth picture; tell the story behind the picture. Post it and tag six other bloggers.
(The story: Me lazing it up good at a writers conference I spoke at last Summer. Gary and the girls were in Maryland and I stayed behind for a few days. I kicked back, watched all the "Sportscenter" I wanted to, and had a good time. Hey--just don't enlarge that photo. God only knows what my toenails look like up close!)
And, while I'm still at it, Gary had a similar photo meme but it challenged you instead with the number 4 (fourth folder, fourth picture). Since I love photos so much, here's that one too.
(The story: McKenna opening up a card with cash in it on her 16th birthday last March. Just as priceless is Scout's expression behind her!)
Hmmm...I'm supposed to tag six people (and probably another four for that second one)...but I'm just gonna say, "Tag, you're it" and if you wanna jump in and participate, that would be great!
I hope all of you have a fantastic Friday and weekend. I've got good stuff planned! Like: going to watch McKenna and the rest of her high school band perform at a state "Band Masters" conference (they were one of only three bands in the state invited); celebrating a friend's birthday with Mexican food and margaritas; helping McKenna get dressed up for a formal banquet; practicing my talk that I'll be doing next month at the spiritual retreat I've mentioned to you guys before (so excited, and I can't wait to see what people think of it!); hanging out with Delaney at softball practice. LOTS of good stuff!
See ya soon!