Sunday, July 26, 2009
The Weekend Definitely did NOT Stink (despite what Scout seems to be saying in this picture)
The weekend was full of all sorts of wonderful, laid-back, good-to-be-together sort of moments. It was most definitely NOT stinky; it was quite aromatic, in fact (a bit like home-baked cookies or a nice rainshower. Good stuff, for sure!).
Some of the highlights:
* Dinner date night with Gary (from whence we came home so disgustingly full of buffalo chicken appetizers, and steak, and baked potatoes, and margaritas, and a crazy concoction of ice cream/ chocolate chip cookies/ hot fudge that it wasn't even proper!)
* Watching a lot of Atlanta Braves baseball (they are actually looking really good right now!)
* A little bit of scrapbooking
* A little bit of baking
* Great morning at church with friends and inspiration
* Quality time with all the girls!
The only activity I have pictures of, though, was our trip to the Zoo on Saturday for a birthday party. Sydney was invited by her friend Bella, and Gary and I left McKenna and Delaney at home (they had a youth lock-in at church Saturday night that involved them staying up ALL night long; so they had a lot of sleeping to catch up on!) and went solely with Sydney to the Zoo. It was SO much fun to have some one-on-one time with Sydney and Gary and I really had a relaxing time together.
The picture at the top of the post was Sydney's reaction to the camel habitat. (LOL) Other than that, though, she--and we!--thought the Zoo was awesome.
Here are a couple of pictures from the birthday party portion, and then us wandering around the zoo (before the camera's battery died before we made it to the red pandas and otters and lions, which just happen to be my favorites!).
From our happy she-giraffe to you...we hope you had a wonderful weekend as well.
See you all again real soon!