12 Reasons You Should Cheer for Bama to Win the BIG Game!
12. I earned two degrees from the University of Alabama. My Dad teaches there. Gary and I got married there. I tried briefly to talk Gary into giving Sydney the middle name "Crimson" (it didn't work). It's just a good, good place.
11. The great traditions--twelve national championships (hence the 12 in this post's title), The Bear, umpteen SEC championships, Joe Namath, houndstooth, Big Al, and on and on and on.
10. Despite all those great traditions, our last national championship was won way back in 1992. We've had some rough years and we've weathered through them all. It just feels right to be back on top.
9. Come on. You really don't want Florida to win the national championship again, do you?
8. I've been sick all week just thinking and worrying and anticipating the game. So my health really depends on it.
7. Crimson and white are so much more fashionable than orange and blue. (When's the last time you saw that on a runway?)
6. Coach Saban talks all the time about the power of the fans. Do your part!
5. Tim Tebow's already saved the world and survived a brain-shattering concussion. What else does he need? (And, seriously, some of the boys on our team are pretty awesome too!)
4. Our fight song says, despite the fact that we haven't played at the Rose Bowl since like the 50s, "Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then." Guess where this year's BCS championship game will be played. Yep, Pasadena. Don't you want to be on the side of karma and fate?
3. Just because you like another team doesn't mean you can't join our cause just for today. If you don't have a team you pull for, we'll welcome you to the family!
2. If we lose, I might whine and talk about it for awhile on this here blog. If we win, I'll try and not talk too much about sports and will (instead) talk about food or the girls or really clever things that happen to me. (At least until the bowl game...or sooner, if I really need to!)
1. It would sorta feed my obsession. And I'm selfish like that.
Of course, we are on absolute CLOUD 9!!!!! Alabama played so well against Florida...really a dominating performance...and we are all just proud of all the guys and how they played as a team. And then, to top it all off, my second favorite team (the Longhorns) clinched the other spot in the national championship game. It was a very good day!! I have a ton of pictures from the game, and then from Sydney's Christmas play last night at church. I will do my best to get some up in a bit. In the meantime, I hope you've had a wonderful weekend. And thanks for helping me pull the Tide to victory!!! :-)