It's an extemely cold morning here in Alabama (and when I say extremely, that's what I mean...it was 15 degrees as we woke up this morning; we Southerners are not used to that sort of craziness!), so I dreamt this morning of what a warm, 70 degree day might feel like. It will be on its way sooner rather than later (because the South also has this strange tendency to jump from freezing to tropic in mere hours), but it's definitely worth looking forward to.
That made me think of the other things I'm looking forward to.
And, every January as we celebrate the dawning of a new year, it's fun to look forward. (And, since I've decided that I generally don't like making resolutions, looking forward is a good way to celebrate the new year.)
This morning, then, I thought I'd share some of the Things I'm Looking Forward To.
They're really quite simple...
1. The BCS National Championship Game. Just two days away now and we are crazily exited down here in Alabama. I crossed my fingers all year for this match-up with Texas, and I've been crossing my fingers for another national championship since it happened last (waaaay backin 92).
2. A lot of Cleaning and Organizing and Redecorating. I started taking down my Christmas decorations just yesterday (I always wait longer than most people, I know!) and am hoping to finish that up today. But then I have plans for some new bookshelves, and new lamps, and new pictures, and new furniture, and generally a new feeeling in the house.
3. The Return of "Lost." Remember my "Lost" obsession? (How could you ever forget?) It will be back soon, with the beginning of the final season at the beginning of February. I am absolutely giddy, and am already theorizing and anticipating (and thinking that I need to have a Premiere Party!).
4. The Return of Warm Weather. (Enough said.)
5. A Spring Break Trip to Disney World. We got a lucky break when Gary's computer training/conference for this Spring was scheduled in Orlando...during the same week as the girls' Spring Break. It's been four years since we've been last, so we are already eagerly anticipating the trip. Sydney doesn't remember much about her first trip, so she's especially excited; McKenna didn't get to go last time because of school stuff, so she's especially excited; Delaney just loves Disney World, so she's especially excited. And Gary and I? Yep, we feel the same way!
That's as far ahead as I'm traveling right now in my anticipations, because I'm not quite ready to tackle what's after the time of the Disney World trip. It will involve things like McKenna's last prom, her high school graduation, and other important "lasts." Those are a lot of good, exciting things, but they're also prone to make me a little teary-eyed...so I'm pushing them back just a little bit and, instead, thinking about Mickey Mouse, and the mystery island, and warm weather, and Bama winning big!
And now, since it's Tuesday and I haven't done a Random Tuesday post in a very long time, how about the rest of you sharing a list of things you're looking forward to in the new year? Share in my comments section, or post it on your own blog (and let us know where to come find it!).
Here's to anticipation, and new things! It's what makes life interesting and entertaining and joyful.