Monday, January 30, 2006

Catching Up With All of You . . . It's been a while since some of you have probably heard from me, so thought I might let you know what's going on with us. (Actually, I was really excited recently to start getting emails from a lot of the members of the Sloan side of my family. So, this might be a great way for some of ya'll to keep up with this side of the Sloan branch.) So just to get you updated on where we each are these days: Gary just turned 40 (as a Jimmy Buffett fan, he was saying all last year that he was a "Pirate looking at 40") and is keeping busy, busy, busy. He works for Coca Cola in Financial Systems (he's been there almost 15 years), but really loves photography. His business, Time for Pictures, is doing great. He specializes in sports photography, and also does portrait work, wedding, special events, school events, and just about anything else. He also coaches softball and is on our board at the local softball park. He is also the Boy Scout coordinator at our church. I'm still working at home as a freelance writer, but has also ventured into doing scrapbook design for others (scrapbooking is my addiction and I love now being able to make a little money at it). Gary and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary this past May. We had a wonderful getaway to a bed and breakfast in Tennessee--something we need to do more often. It's hard to believe we've been married for 10 years--especially when we have a little one in the house again--time just seems to fly!

No comments: