Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Life with a Two-Year-old is Precious . . .
if only to hear what she has to say!!
Sydney is just a ball of energy these days, and her favorite activity it seems is talking. She's started to talk in sentences (usually of three or four words) and surprises us with the words she says sometimes (things we had no idea she knew!). She also loves to sing and dance (she knows the words--or her two-year-old versions of them--to all the songs from Disney Channel's High School Musical. Probably because we've watched it a bazillion times on tv and Delaney has the CD to go with it!) She also pulls Spanish words out of thin air--thanks Dora!--which just cracks me up. My little bilingual child!
I think back to McKenna and Delaney as little ones and remember how sweet and funny they are; I even remember a few specific moments from their lives. But I don't remember all the cute little things they said. So, with Sydney, I'm determined to document these things--and a blog sure helps me do that!
So just thought all of you would get a kick out of some of the things Syd says these days. Some of her faves are . . .
"Wha you doin here?" This is her own little version of, "What are you doing?" or "What are we doing right now?" She says this ALL the time, especially when we're going somewhere. It is SO cute. (The other day, on the way to the softball park, she asked this and then I told her we were going to watch Delaney play softball. She put her hands up in the air and yelled, "YAY!" So cute!)
"Sof-ball gay" She is ALWAYS at the ballpark it seems--watching either McKenna or Delaney play--and she has learned all about it. Now, when she sees ANY kind of ball--a bouncy ball, a basketball, and a softball (of course!), she yells out, "Sof-ball gay" and is ready to play!
"NO!" "Uh-uh" and "Nuh-uh" (or just shaking her head "no"). Yep, Sydney's definitely 2!! She loves to say "NO!" to everything and has started getting little spankings for some of them. Most of the time, though, I have to remember that she's just stretching her independence and acting her age!
"I lu you too." This has to be the absolute SWEETEST thing she says right now--of course!! You'll tell her you love her, and she'll respond with "I lu you too." She leaves out the V, which just makes it all the more sweet-sounding. Even better is when she just looks at you without any prompting and says "I lu you mommy." Melts your heart!
Isn't it funny--there's a lot more she's saying these days, but I can't think of them right now. I'll definitely right them down when I do, though--don't want to forget them at all!

No comments: