Wednesday, April 05, 2006

















This Month's Round-Up . . .

I found this great idea on another blog. It challenges you to "round up" the past month on your blog--it's a great way to reflect on the past month and to also keep your family and friends updated. So (a few days late!), here is my round-up list from March.

What books and/or magazines did I read this month?

I love to read, but find it harder and harder to find the time. Let’s see . . . I read every scrapbooking magazine under the sun every single month. My fave two are Creating Keepsakes and Simple Scrapbooks.

I went back to my mystery roots and read an old Agatha Christie novel, Murder at the Vicarage. I also read God Allows U-Turns for Women—full of great inspirational stories.

My Lent challenge was to read The Bible everyday, so I guess that definitely counts! (Even though I’ve messed up and missed some days, I’ve done better than normal.)

What movies and/or tv shows did I watch this month?

Bought the fifth Harry Potter movie on DVD, so have watched two or three times with the girls and Gary. Have watched many more Dora movies than I can possibly imagine (Sydney’s obsessed with it!). I don’t think we even managed to go see a movie at the theatre during March. How sad is that? Life is so busy at this time of year, but I’m gonna have to find a night to do the movie date thing with Gary.

What special days did I celebrate and how?

Ooh, lots of fun in March! Of course, we just celebrated McKenna’s 14th and Sydney’s 2nd birthday. (A few posts down and you can see all the partying!)

Celebrated Allison’s birthday with a meal out at Shogun Japenese restaurant and lots of silliness with she and my friend Chris.

We always celebrate Texas Independence Day every March 2. I guess we’re one of the few families in Alabama that celebrates that one—but it’s a great day! And we usually celebrate with some good Tex-Mex food (hey, we made it better than they ever had it) and a cake made from my Texas-shaped pan!

What illnesses or health concerns did I have in January?

The weirdest health concern I’ve had is what I’m calling Perpetual Sore Butt Syndrome. Out to pick up food from Bryant’s Seafood last week, I slammed my behind into one of their tables and it has literally hurt for over a week. I seriously think I bruised my tailbone. It kills me! (But boy do I feel silly telling everyone about it!)

What special or unusual purchases did I make?

Cool purchases this month include McKenna’s brand new bedroom set, which will be delivered tomorrow. She got it for her birthday and it is so nice. Includes a queen size bed, large dresser with mirror, chest of drawers, and bedside table. She’s really excited about it!

What were this month’s disappointments?

A couple . . . I didn’t accomplish as much business-wise as I wanted to. Didn’t write as many articles, and didn’t get out there and find the new scrapbooking clients I want. But I’ll chug along and see if I can do better next month.

I also find myself continuing to be more negative than I need to be with my girls. They are all great girls, but sometimes the fact of dealing with 9-year-old and 14-year-old attitudes gets to me. I need to lighten up and do better!

What were my accomplishments this month?

Got a nice big royalty check for my magazine writing book. That was a nice, nice surprise! Also proud that I’m getting the house in order. McKenna and Delaney are both getting room re-dos and we’re actually proceeding well on that.

How was your month? Think about it . . . then think about how you can make it even better this month!

No comments: