Monday, May 22, 2006







Highlights from the Weekend
(and Friday actually, since I haven't blogged since that morning . . .)
We had a very busy weekend with lots of different stuff going on. Since I posted last, Delaney spent her last day at school. She is officially OUT for the summer, and is SO excited! McKenna has to go to school through Wednesday, since she has final exams each day this week. She is ready for the end-of-school too, since she has a lot of fun activities planned (rookie band camp, SLU in D.C., etc.)
On Friday, Delaney had Awards Day at her school and she was honored with several awards. She was recognized for getting all A's all year long (so proud of this; McKenna got her first B ever in 4th grade, so we knew this was a tough year!), outstanding Reading student in her class, and for be selected as a Safety Patrol member next year. She spent the afternoon with her friend Ashley, who is moving away this summer; we are SO sad about that! We went to Habaneros for lunch, then to the park, for snow cones, and then home to play (where, of course, they sang karaoke). It was fun! The first picture above shows the Crew from school--Christy, Ashley, Shelby, Savannah, Scotti, and Delaney. And the second shows Delaney getting her All A's medal.
On Saturday, I worked for Gary at a NSA softball tournament. He let me take pictures of the 6-under and 8-under teams, assuming they would be the easiest for to shoot. He was right (they don't move around quite as much as the big girls!), but I was still absolutely exhausted. I think I shot 16 different games and it was SO hot out there! I really appreciate more now how much work it takes for him to do these tourneys! If you want to look at the kind of pictures he takes, go to his website at www.timeforpictures.com. (I haven't downloaded any of the pictures I took, but I'll try and show some off later on!)
On Sunday, we had church and then afterwards McKenna and Traci sold cookbooks that they are selling for their Student Leadership University trip to D.C. this summer. We also had a tasting bee along with the sale, which turned out great. The next photo is of the girls at the sale. (If anyone wants a cookbook, they are just $10 and have great recipes in them-- and of course it's for a good cause!) We had Bible study last night, then Gary and the girls and I went out to eat. Back at home, Gary and I got online and tried to decide what we're doing for our anniversary this coming weekend. More news to come on that front . . .
The girls and I spent some time scrapbooking yesterday too, which was a lot of fun. I love that the girls love to scrapbook like I do. (The last two pics are of two layouts I just finished . . .)
Hope you survive your Monday. I'll spend the day getting caught up on some housework and writing work . . . and maybe going to buy Sydney a little kiddie pool (we are SO ready for summer activities like that!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great LO's!! Congrats to Delaney!

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»