Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Late Night Post--
Cake a la Cheryl (and Delaney & Sydney)

Not sure when I'll be online tomorrow, because I've got a TON of stuff planned to do (decorating for Chris' reception, finishing up a project, taking All Star photos, etc.), so I wanted to go ahead and post from tonight's birthday celebration.

We celebrated Steven Lee's 13th birthday party tonight and I made his birthday cake. For some reason, I've become the Official Birthday Cake Maker in the family and I always like to come up with some sort of fun creation. Lately, though, I've gotten too used to relying on Publix for my cake; they're too expensive, though, and it's much more fun to make my own! So, I was glad to get to do that for our party tonight!

Over the years, I've made some cool cakes (some of my faves have been McKenna's 3rd year Cinderella Cake, Delaney's Butterfly Cake, and Lori's Hello Kitty Cake). I put my "thinking cap" on for tonight and decided to make a Candy-Coated Checkerboard Cake.

The best part was getting Delaney and Sydney to decorate it for me! After baking and frosting it, they added M &Ms, oreos, Twix, and Reese's peanut butter cup pieces.



This cake was Yummy Goodness, but boy was it SWEET! Most importantly, though, it got Rave Reviews from Steven Lee. He loved it and already requested the same cake for a birthday get-together he's having next Wednesday night with the youth gruop at church. I guess we'll be making and decorating another one next week!

Happy Birthday Steven Lee! It's hard to believe you're 13!

Just as a quick sidenote--another nephew, Matthew, had successful surgery to take out his tonsils. He's already recovering and doing great! Hey Matthew--take advantage of this and boss your Mom and Dad around a little bit. Ha!

Hope to talk with everyone on Thursday, but in case I don't make it online--have a great day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, the cake looks SUPER sweet! I agree, I LOVE publix cakes, but they ARE expensive!!!!

Anonymous said...

that cake is a work of art, lol, Yum Yum

Anonymous said...

Oh, that cake looks decadent! Wow!

Anonymous said...

Great cake! It looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

good picture! Steven Lee said he had an "awesome" party last night.