Friday, June 23, 2006

A Sneak Peek at the Wedding!!
Well, my friend Chris is getting married TONIGHT (like nine hours and counting!!!) and last night my other good friend, Allison, and I worked on decorating the Fellowship Hall at church for the reception. Let's just say that that room is a big blank white space and we tried to work some magic in there--bring some color and love into the room! Our other challenge is that we are doing this LOW-budget. The decorations are all hand-made, donated, or dollar-treed. So I thought it looked great when we were through! (I like to call Allison our own Martha Stewart, because she can take weeds from the side of the road and, voila, turn them into a beautiful arrangement! She really does have a way with things!)
Here's a sneaky peek at a few of the things. I love the table decorations--just simple, but really sweet (champagne glasses and votives with rice and candles, framed "love" images and quotes, and chocolate hugs n kises). Then, Allison did a couple of really pretty arrangements with hydrangeas and queen anne's lace.
Okay, but my very FAVORITE thing I've done for the wedding is the guest book I made. I used some really great chipboard letters, photo corners, and patterned paper (yep, dug into my scrapbook stash for this) and just love how it turned out! It has pics of the couple, quotes about love throughout it, and then plenty of white space for people to sign their names and write their well-wishes for Chris and Charles! (Delaney is excited about it, too, because she gets to work the guest book table!) Here are a few pics of it . ..
We're all excited about the wedding tonight and just prays that it goes off without a hitch (of course, there is all the STUFF that goes on around weddings that makes it stressful, and there has been some of that too!, but it will be gorgeous!) Of course, I'm sure I will have some pics after the weekend is over . . .
On a totally different sidenote, last night Delaney's All Star team had their photos made. The girls were SO cute, but I have to say that the coaches were the most good-looking group of them all. I think I've decided that Gary looks GREAT in purple!! Their shirts are so nice and Gary looked so handsome in it. (I even told him I might need him to put it back ON for me later at night! LOL--maybe too much information, huh?) Of course, Gary is always on the run and is never fully dressed when he gets anywhere (HA!), so I had to get this snapshot of him getting dressed at his truck! Gary is a little over-tired these days and kinda stressed--along with the All Star games (which he gets as nervous about--or more so!--than if he was playing himself), he is doing the photography for the wedding tonight!
Talk to you all again soon! Tomorrow is our Renagade Reunion for our 20th high school anniversary--yikes!!!-- so I'm super excited about that too! Will have updates on everything after the weekend!!

6 comments:

Sonya said...

What a great blogsite! Enjoyed all of it, especially the encouragement one. I'll be praying for your friend Debby.

Anonymous said...

Oh Cherly! I just laughed SO LOUD!!! Too funny, and Gary does look good in purple! LOL

Anonymous said...

this is so funny, love the album

Anonymous said...

I looove the wedding decor. It all turned out nice. Looove that guest book, what a great idea, wish I would have thought of it for my wed. Thanks for the comment and I'm liking your blog.

Cheryl Wray said...

Hey Magnolia and Tasha--it's so much fun "meeting" new people via blogging! So cool!!

Trina said...

What a great idea to make a guest book!!! That's too cute!