Wednesday, June 21, 2006


Said by Syd . . .
Just thought I'd share some of the priceless little tidbits Sydney spits out at us these days. She is SO funny and her vocabulary has gotten huge. You just never know what she's gonna say!
"I big" (makes this comment all the time, to let you know that she's a big girl)
"I too big" (this actually means NOT what you think it would; it means she's too SMALL to do something, as in she's too small to reach something or to do something hard. But she has it backwards for some reason)
"Poppy spennin the night?" (okay, Gary is obviously getting home too late from the ballpark, because she doesn't see him some nights and now has gotten to ask her equivalent of "Is Poppy spending the night?" last night I assured her that Poppy actually lives with us!)
"Go away!" (yep, she's definitely a 2-year-old! If she wants to do something on her own or is doing something she thinks is wrong, she tells you this. I got this today when she was trying to eat sunflower seeds, seed and all, and I stopped her!)
"Peese" (Please! yep, it will usually get her something!)
"Oh man . . ." (this is from Dora, the tv show she's ADDICTED to. Swiper the Fox says "Oh man" and he snaps his fingers. She can do it perfectly! She can also sing the entire song. Too cute!)
"Happy burday to La La" (she's still singing happy birthday to Delaney, although today she started singing it to "Steben" since we're celebrating his tonight)
"Don wanna potty" (yep, we're trying to potty train, but she could CARE LESS)
"Les pay" (she loves to "play" and will convince anyone around her to do it-- hide and seek, duck duck goose, "which one" where she hides something in one of her hands and you have to guess where it is, any kind of ball game of course)
"Hup me" (this means "help me" and she especially says it when i'm on the computer and she wants to sit up with me. "hup me" means pick me up and let me sit in your lap!)
"I wan chickin and coke" (when you ask her what she wants to eat these days, it's usually chicken and a coke)
Next time you see Sydney, go right and ahead and start a conversation with her. She'll keep up with you!!
Also going on . . .
* Had a practice game last night against the Hartselle All Star team. We won 4-2! Our pitching was GREAT! But boy do we need to re-learn how to hit the ball!
*Having a birthday get-together for Stephen Lee tomorrow. Cannot believe he's turning 13!!! We're about to go decorate a Cheryl Cake!
*Working on Chris' guest book for her wedding. It is looking SO cute!!
*So excited, because my friends Angela, Cheryl, and Carol are getting together this Saturday for what we're calling a Renegade High School Reunion! Since I have All Star games and activities much of the weekend, I can't make it to our "real" reunion. So we're getting together on Saturday just the four of us! Can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is just way too cute! I love all those little things that kids say :) Priceless.

Anonymous said...

OMG! Those are too funny!