Party Like It's . . . 1986!!!! It's 2:20 in the morning. Do you know where your blogging friends are? Yep, they're right here--awake and kicking, and typing in a very late-night posting. (My next-door neighbor friend, Adrienne--www.adrienneslittleworld.typepad.com--always laughs that she does all of her best blogging at like 5:30 in the morning. Those of you who know me know that I can't think of ANYTHING worth doing at that early morning hour. I am a LATE night girl, for sure!) Anyway . . .I've got Gary's all star shirt washing right now and I can't leave it in there (the instructions say to take out promptly!), so I have like 30 minutes to kill. The kids are all asleep and late night TV is very BAD, so here I am! The wedding tonight was GREAT (more details and photos later), we watched "Batman Begins" on DVD when we got home (VERY good movie!!), our first All Star game is tomorrow, and in the morning I am heading down to T-town for our Renegade Reunion!! YAY!!! I can't wait to see Angela, Cheryl, and Carol (and Cheryl's daughters). In honor of this get-together of 1986 graduates, thought I'd share some cute 80's humor. (Some of you may have already seen this, but it's worth reading again. Very cute! And if you were born in the 1970s or later, just indulge this Old Fogey and try and laugh like this is funny!). I absolutely loved the 80s! A fun, fun time to be a teenager! You know you're a child of the 80's if . . . · You remember Don Johnson when he was "cool"
· You know the meaning of Wax on/Wax Off
· You can feel St. Elmo's fire burnin' in you.
· You remember what Michael Jackson looked like before the surgery.
· The phrase "Where's the beef?" still doubles you over with laughter.
· You remember the magazines of song lyrics
· Two words: The Clapper.
· Six words: "This is your brain on drugs."
· You want to live in 'the Valley'.
· Ferris Bueller was your idol.
· You watched 'Star Search' on a regular basis.
· Every now and then, you blurt out: "Ooh noo, Mr. Bill!!!"
· If you had an entire wardrobe of Esprit clothing (or coveted one.)
· Have multi-colored earrings that touch your shoulders
· Played Upwords, Boggle or Trivial Pursuit (the original) on a rainy afternoon
· You wore lace gloves with the fingers cut off, bangle bracelets up to your elbows, bright red Reebok high tops and parachute pants to a school dance
· You're still bitter that WHAM broke up
· You know whose phone number is 867-5309
· You drink Diet Coke because Max Headroom told you to
· You never go out for a night on the town without frosted blue eyeshadow and feathered bangs
· Everything in your wardrobe is either pastel or fluorescent
· People are constantly gagging you with spoons.
· You know all the words to "I'm just a bill, sitting up on Capitol Hill" and "School House Rock."
· The feeling in your thumb is only now just returning after holding down the Atari joystick to control the
· You still can't believe that Milli Vanilli was deceiving you all that time
· Knickers and leg warmers were cool
· You ever wanted to learn to play "Stairway to Heaven" on the guitar and choreographed "Dancing Queen" by yourself in your room.
· Still wear Wet n' Wild makeup
· If your idea of hi-tech toys is still the heat-sensitive color-changing sticker on Transformers
· If you remember Bruce Willis from Moonlighting, not Die Hard
· You still wear your "Members Only" jacket.
· You had snap bracelets
· You remember when Pee-Wee wasn't a pervert.
· You had had five pairs of socks on at any given time
· You still think Donkey Kong can beat Mario up
· If you still have your scratch-n-sniff sticker collection
· If you remember when you heard that drinking soda and eating Pop Rocks would make your stomach asplode
· If you wear jelly shoes
· You still play with that CASIO SK-1 Keyboard
· You still argue over who was better: Tiffany or Debbie Gibson
· Every time you hear the "OH YEAH..." song you think of "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" I can identify with A LOT of those things!! The big, dangling, flourescent jewelry definitely makes me think of Angela. She and I could spend the most money on cheap earrings!!! And anything bright orange was okay by us!! Can't wait to see my buddies. Nothing like people who knew you when you were 16--and still like you today!!!