Monday, June 26, 2006

Ten Things I Learned Over the Weekend . . .
(1) In a pinch, a Lil Swimmer will substitute for training pants. (I learned this at the wedding when the only thing I had in the car for Syd to change into was one of her swimming diapers!)
(2) Florists think that a big, ugly, plastic bow will make a floral arrangement look better. It doesn’t! (Just trust me on this one!)
(3) Watching the wedding of two very much in-love people will make you weep and make all the hard work (and a few headaches) that went into the reception decorating WELL worth it!
(4) You will not win a softball game if you don’t hit any balls out of the infield.
(5) Winning and losing is all in the eye of the beholder. (Just ask the sweet players I talked to from the South Chilton team who thought we did great losing 0-3. They had lost the night before 30-0. “You guys did good!” they told me.)
(6) After a long, hot day, Milo’s sweet tea can make anything better!
(7) “It’s a fact of life. Rough water always gets smoother. Smooth water always gets rough. But if you’re in a good boat, you can ride it out.” (A quotable gem from Sunday morning’s service.)
(8) Today’s 10-year-olds think that the big hair and fashion choices from the 1980s were BAD! (Cheryl’s daughter, Tori, said that to us in no uncertain terms!)
(9) Even 20 years later, looking at photos and reminiscing about crazy times can still make you laugh so much that you spit through your nose!
(10) The very best friends are old friends—the ones who knew you when you were 16, love you after all the stuff you’ve been through, and pick up like it was just yesterday that you last saw them (even though it’s been almost a year!).
So, I guess you can tell that I had a very EVENTFUL weekend. It was smack-dab FULL of stuff--Chris and Charles' sweet wedding (the best part was them giving the girls rings as part of the ceremony. great idea!!); our first All Star tournament game (lost to McAdory 3-0, but should have NEVER lost because we pitched great, fielded great, and have plenty of awesome hitters who KNOW hot to hit, but just didn't. Ugh!; went out to Habeneros with our good friend Les and Lisa and got to laughing BAd, of course!!!; saw the movie "Cars," which was so cute!!; saw my friend, Adrienne, who shared with me an Amazing layout she did of Jaelyn and Delaney; my Renegade Reunion with Angela, Cheryl, and Carol. had a GREAT time. I LOVE those girls so much!!!!; ).
I don't have any of the pictures from the wedding yet, because Gary will have to get them all downloaded and edited and stuff. I did take a sneak peek at them through the viewer on the camera, though, and they looked pretty darned good. Can't wait to see them! Of course, I'll share my faves here soon!
I do have pics, though, of our Renegade Reunion gathering!
(the crew THEN, on the night of graduation in 1986! Sheesh, we had no idea what was in for us after this! Just innocent here and so happy! LOL!)
(the crew NOW--me, cutie Angela, crazy Carol, and my alter-ego Cheryl; the only person missing from the first photo was Ginger, who's off getting ready to GET MARRIED to a guy she just absolutely fell in love with out of the blue!! We look pretty good for almost 40-year-olds, huh??)
We met on Saturday at my Mom and Dad's house in Tuscaloosa and we had a fabulous time! All the gals had dug up stuff from back in school--things that I wish I still had copies of. It was amazing all the stuff they had! Carol had a copy of a poem we wrote together in 11th grade Algebra (hated Algebra, so we often entertained ourselves by writing poetry--very BAD poetry, I might add. LOL!); Cheryl had a copy of an invitation I sent for a Texas party back in 86; and they all had a TON of pics. My friends and I have ALWAYS loved taking photos, so there were a lot to look at!!
(looking at yearbooks; this was when Tori said, "Yuck! Why does everyone back then have big hair? LOL)
(there's always got to be something sinfully sweet at any of our gatherings!! We still remember specific food from certain parties and meals out together!!!)
(My BFF Angela. Ain't she cute?? She was the closest to her high school weight--probably right at it!!--than any of us!! Ha! Angela and I have been through SO much together--happy times, sad times, crazy times,just plain goofy times. She's great!!!)
Just Sydney came with me to the gathering (McKenna was at a birthday party and Delaney was at practice) and she absolutely fell in love with Tori, Alex, and Katherine--or KK, as she called her. All the way home, she was recitign everyone who was there and calling them her "bes friends." Cheryl and I have already made plans to get together in Atlanta at their place sometime over the summer. My girls would love it-and so would I!!!!
We were all SO glad to see each other and vowed to get together again soon. We hope to get together in July, and then we really want to do a weekend get-away. Only problem with that is--I don't know if I could survive all the laughter!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had fun...HS weight? Girl what is THAT ?LOL

Anonymous said...

that is so funny about the swimming diaper!

Anonymous said...

a big bow doesn't cover up or make anything better, except if it's a white bow on a little robin egg blue box,,, then bring it on baby, lol
you are so funny Cheryl

Melissa said...

lol-your list is too funny ;)

Anonymous said...

We were glad to have it here. Glad you all had fun!

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing all the pictures on the blog! I really did have a great time!
I have missed all of you so much, but I know it takes an act of Congress for us to find time to meet! Glad things are going so well for you all. Is Sydney a little "wray"
of sunshine or what? She's TOO cute!

Jeff said...

Thanks to Anglea for forwarding this blog entry to me. I love the then and now pictures! I skipped my reunion this weekend, just couldn't get down there with everything going on. So I'm glad I got to attend yours (from the rivial high school) online :)