Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Off to D.C.!
McKenna left this morning for her trip to Washington, D.C. as a part of Student Leadership University. She went with four other friends from her youth group at church and they are going to have an AWESOME time!
Okay, I was all prepared with my camera and was gonna take a ton of great pictures to post on my blog. But, the picture above are the only two picture I got . . . (Delaney and Sydney looking out at the airplanes. Sydney kept saying, "I fly too," "I fly too."It was hard to convince her that she wasn't flying off with her Pia; and Traci and McKenna getting their tickets at the Southwest counter.)
Now, here is where the photos END. I was SO upset!!! My camera (oops, Gary's camera! LOL) started saying, "Error 99" and try as I might (and I tried it many times!) it wouldn't work again.
So, imagine if you will--photos of
* McKenna, Traci, Hannah, Kayla, and Jamison posing in front of the Birmingham International Airport sign.
*McKenna giving Sydney a goodbye hug.
*McKenna waving as she goes through the security gate and she enters the concourse.
* Sydney and Delaney waving to the airplane, which we can see in the distance flying away!
But, pooh!!!, I don't have any of those photos! Do you think I'm WAY too hooked on taking pictures of everything (and blogging them immediately afterwards!)?
McKenna is gonna have an awesome time! We looked at the revised itinerary for the group and added to it was a White House briefing that they get to attend and a moonlight tour of the monuments (Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam Memorial, etc.). I think I'm VERY jealous!
(By the way, I know this is Tuesday! LOL So, I've posted my Random Tuesday blog right below this one!)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

EEK! What is error 99? I hope I NEVER see that!

Cheryl Wray said...

You do NOT want to see that error pop up! Scary--and oh so frustrating. I wanted to cry! (but wondered what everyone would think about a grown woman crying over a camera!!LOL)

Cindy Barb said...

I know thge error 99 had to kill you. I know you and the camera.... Now if it was me, I would have been standing there crying; I am not sure from which I would cry worse; my daughter leaving or I didn't get pictures of it.....lol

CathyVal said...

What a bummer!!! Hopefully you can solve the mystery of the "error 99" so that it doesn't happen again!

Anonymous said...

That is so great about her trip! I know she will a really good time.

Gloria said...

Oh.. i know there were a lot of "dang it"'s going on. Makes me think we need to all get emergency back-up cameras! you think the hubbies would go for that! lol
Your daughter seems awesome I know you're both sad and proud.

Anonymous said...

aww, that is cool, she is going on a trip with friends, so young, I know she must be bursting with excitement. that error would have freaked me out, the low battery power indicator freaks me out, lol

Melissa said...

AHH camera errors are the worst!!-hope you figure it out ASAP

and hope your DD has a fun and safe trip :)

motobarbie said...

I love the photo of the two girls. Bummer your camera petered out!

Anonymous said...

OK guys! I'm glad that everyone is worried about the "error 99" but that's MY spare camera!! I'm more worried now that she's gonna take my 20D away from me AGAIN!

Cheryl Wray said...

LOL!! Gary--you're such a SWEETIE for letting me use both of your cameras!!! Wink, wink! LOve ya!

Jude said...

Hey Cheryl!! I finally got to visit your blog... looks great. What a great chance for your DD to make memories and have fun with friends!! Sorry you didn't get more shots...now you can do that whole "scrap a memory without a photo" concept people have been doing lately!! :)
Jude

Jude said...

Hey Cheryl!! I finally got to visit your blog... looks great. What a great chance for your DD to make memories and have fun with friends!! Sorry you didn't get more shots...now you can do that whole "scrap a memory without a photo" concept people have been doing lately!! :)
Jude