Wednesday, July 19, 2006


Storytime with Sydney
Sometimes I forget that Sydney is just over 2-years-old, because of the things she comes up with! She will just pop these sentences out of her mouth that are just priceless and will say the cutest things. She just constantly cracks me up; and I'm also amazed at how grown-up she is (for being so little!).
Case in point--yesterday, Delaney had Sydney tell her a story. Delaney would ask Sydney what the story was called, then she'd ask her to tell her what happened next, then whenever Sydney would stop, Delaney would prompt her again and get the next part of the story. It was so cute! (Just wish I'd had a picture of it--but we know, from yesterday, that my camera's screwed up!).
So, thought I would regale you this morning with one of the stories Sydney "wrote" yesterday with the help of her sister.

I present to you, "Storytime with Sydney" . . .

"Pia" by Sydney
(it's not really about Pia--her name for McKenna--but it's the title she gave it! LOL)

Once upon a time there was 2 doggies at Lori's house. Named Missy 1 and Missy 2. Then another doggy came and raced them. Steven and Pia and Lori and LaLa and Mommy were there. But Poppy was at Play Park. I liked the doggy that came. I named him Missy 3. He had to leave and he missed them. He went to go get something to eat. But he came back. 2 doggies came and raced them. The doggies that came won. I named them Missy 4 and Missy 5. But they scared Missy 1,2, and 3. I saved them from Missy 4 and 5. The End.

How cute is that? Both McKenna and Delaney love to write. They'll write just about anything--book reports, short stories, poems, newspaper articles, biographies, quizzes--and you all know how I love to write. So, I guess Sydney is just destined to be a writer too.

She's off to a good start, don't you think?
Also going on . . .
*McKenna called me last night from D.C. While I was talking with her, they were walking by the Vietnam Memorial! They decided to go ahead and explore a little bit after they'd gotten checked into their hotel. (Their sessions actually start today.) Yep, I'm still jealous of her!! LOL
*VBS is going great! Our theme is "Fiesta" and the kids seem to be having a good time.
*Gary's grandfather, Papa Doug is doing very poorly. Not sure how long we're gonna have himw with us, so all prayers are appreciated!
*I had a very pleasant surprise today when I went to renew my driver's license. There were only TWO people in line in front of me and it took me maybe a total of 5 minutes to get out of there. Amazing!!!
*It is WAY hot right now. The high all week is 99 degrees. Yuck!!
* I'm reading a really good book right now. It's The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd. Compelling story and her writing is amazing (one of those books where you read a sentence then say to yourself, "Wow, her words are gorgeous!")
There you have it--life as I know it right now. Hope everything is well with you guys!!

5 comments:

Sonya said...

Awwww, what a cute story! It'd make a great addition to a scrapbook page for her. : - )

Vee said...

yes it is so hot
that is amazing no people in line for dl. that place is always packed!

Anonymous said...

how sweet!!! kids just do the cutest things!

Melissa said...

your DD is such a cutie :) sounds like you have a future writter on your hands

you are so lucky to only have to wait 5 minutes at the DMV..so jealous!

She-Ra said...

I love how your blog seems to capture all those great little moments each day that otherwise escape us. You are a blogging-inspiration since that is why I originally started blogging but seem to have strayed from. It doesn't help that I forget most of the things I wanted to blog before I get to the blog! :)