Saturday, July 08, 2006

To Inspire You . . .
I recently came across the coolest blog ("A Journey So Far") with the most inspiring artwork. This woman is currently doing a 21-day scripture art journal and she puts a new entry onto her blog everyday. Check it out at www.ajourneysofar.blogspot.com. I loved this one from a few days back. It was very inspiring!
Ain't that just cool?
I've had some other inspiring moments this past week too--some stories that friends have told me that have just kicked me in the rear end and reminded me that God is absolutely in control in this world of ours!
This past week, my friend Dayna told me of her beloved uncle who had been diganosed with very advanced cancer. It had gotten so bad, in fact (all over his body, in every organ--EVERYWHERE!), that they had told him he had three weeks to live. THREE weeks? Can you imagine a doctor telling you that? Well, they all got to praying for him hard(Dayna is a pray-er, I tell ya! and obviously her whole family is as well; and she called this uncle of hers a very strong "prayer warrior"). He went back this past week and the doctors said there was NO cancer in his body!!!! He went to have this confirmed at a second doctor and, yep, same news!! How amazing is that??!!! We think that miracles are gone from this world, but they are not!
This story just got me thinking of how much I take for advantage what God CAN DO! He's not some tiny little god with a little g; He is the God with a capital G and, unbelievably, He cares for what's going on in my life. So, if you got something you need to give up to Him--whether it's something big like cancer or something that seems much smaller (but is still consuming you!), give it to Him! He can make it disappear!
I had another friend tell me of how they were having some financial problems--they were just plain out of money for at least another week (how familiar does THAT sound? sounds like my house around the 20th of the month! LOL). Anyway . . . he received a totally unexpected check in the mail that helped their situation out. It was like a little visit from an angel!! It was God taking care of his family!
How often do I sell God short? How often do I look at negative situations in my life and let them TAKE OVER? instead of praying about it and then expecting an answer to come? I need stories like these to remind me that my perpsective and my priorities are often pretty darned screwed up!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful entry today, and you are so right, we often put God in a box, and limit the things He can do for us.....

Anonymous said...

great entry this morning. and so true!

Cheryl Wray said...

just a test