Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Some Scrapbook Layouts this Morning . . .

I've actually done quite a bit of scrapbooking here-and-there lately, so thought I'd share a few of my latest and favorites.

Just a real quick one I did with some pictures back from Father's Day. I really love those big chipboard letters, and my white pen (you'll see that I've used it in almost every creation here.) Love my family!!

It's kinda hard to see the words on this for some reason--ugh!--but it says "Summer Yums." I had to do something with these two fave pics of Sydney--eating a piece of watermelon and a popsicle. That's summer, all right! I journaled down the paper with, yep, my white pen! I also doodled little dots all around the page, which was fun!



Okay, I really like this one! It's of Delaney's travel team, Havoc. I really like that it's a sports page,but that it's feminine at the same time. I used floral paper, although at first thought it doesn't match the theme. But I like how it turned out with it! And I like the notebook paper I used to journal on.



Okay, this to me is what scrapbooking is ALL about. It's about telling stories! and I had to tell this one! When we were at the park once over the summer, Sydney would slide down the slide then bow to us (she loves to bow, in fact; last night she was racing back and forth to her room and bowing every time she finished). I want to remember those moments, so I made this layout to capture it with my photos and my journaling. Now I'll always remember that when she was 2 she used to "take a bow"!



Thanks for taking a peek at those!

In other news . . .

We are getting ready for our trip in the morning to Savannah and Tybee Island. Wait a sec--actually we're leaving in the morning, but I haven't done anything to get ready for it!! LOL Gotta wash clothes, pack, all that fun stuff! I'm excited, though, to get away, stay in a hotel ( I LOVE hotels!!), eat at new restaurants, sightsee, and enjoy the BEACH!! Yay!!

If anyone needs a good discipline idea for kids of any age, here you go!! We've used it a number of times in our lifetimes with our girls and it works!! Right now, Delaney and McKenna are in the midst of writing sentences as a punishment from this past Sunday. Delaney is writing 500 "I will not be a tattle tale" and McKenna is writing 1000 "I will do what my Pop tells me to do." Yikes!! That's a lot of sentences. And they have to get them done by vacation-time, or the sentences are added to! Let me tell you--they do not like doing them--but that's the price you pay!!

Have a great day!!!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl! IAm going to HAVE to try the sentence thing!!!!!!!! I hope ya'll have fun!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and glad you are still loving your white pen! LOL

Anonymous said...

cute layouts, you guys have fun!!!

Cindy Barb said...

You guys have a wonderfule time, you deseve that after the a full summer. Enjoy being a family together while you can; before they grow up and move away

Anonymous said...

Great layouts!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great time on vacation!

Melissa said...

great new layouts! and love your summer photos :)

Going For Greatness said...

Hi Cheryl! Have a great time!! Can't wait to see the pictures after you return!
LOVE Your layouts! Would love to see more! do you have a gallery up on one of the forums?? I am a scrapper too... It's my passion!!
Hmm if my girls were old enough to write, you can bed I'd adopt that discipline method!! I think it would really work WELL!!
have a fabulous time!!!!
~ Gabi

Cheryl Wray said...

hey Gabi--yep, I have some of my layouts up at scrapjazz. My user name is cwray. Thanks for the comments!!

Greta Adams said...

great stuff girl!!