Tuesday, September 26, 2006

An Inspiring Random Tuesday
(and also--two "That's just not right moment"s, scrapbook pics, and a Cute Cat Photo!)


Now, how about that for the promise of all sorts of great stuff on my blog this Tuesday morning? LOL

Let's get right to my Random Tuesday post this morning--which is an inspiring idea that came from a great email from my friend Marci W. She sent this list of 19 inspiring pieces of advice. I thought most of it was very true and, perhaps, if we followed most of these more often we'd live in a better world. So consider. . .

1. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
2. Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.
3. Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want
4. When you say, "I love you," mean it
5. When you say, "I'm sorry," look the person in the eye.
6. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
7. Believe in love at first sight.
8. Never laugh at anyone's dream. People who don't have dreams don't have much.
9. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely. 10. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
11. Don't judge people by their relatives.
12 . When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile and ask, "Why do you want to know?"
13. Say "bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.
14. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
15. Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for > others; and responsibility for all your actions.
16. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
17. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
18. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
19. Spend some time alone.

For our Random Tuesday post today, why don't we all think of that great piece of advice you received that has helped you in life. Or maybe some gem that you can share from your own experience. Something funny, something profound . . . come on, send in AT LEAST ONE valuable piece of advice.

My contributions are these--

1 You can't control other people's attitudes toward you--only your own reactions to them. (How many times do I tell my kids this?? ALL the time!)
2. Read to and with your children, and surround them with books. (If you could see all the bookshelves in our home, you'd know what I mean!)
3. A regular night out with your girlfriends make for a better marriage. (It's time for another one of those soon!)
4. As you get closer to "Over the Hill," you begin to pick up speed! (It's true--every week and month goes by faster and faster as I get older and older!)

Now to the other things I promised in the title at the beginning of the post.

Two "That's Just Not Right" moments

* I forgot to tell this wonderful little story that had me saying, "That's just not right." On Saturday night, McKenna had a band jamboree and had to be at the school early to ride over in the bus with the band. She told me she had to be there at 4 and, as usual, I was running a little bit behind and we didn't get there until about 4:08 (I am late just about EVERYwhere I go). When we drove up, I told her she better hurry on in so she can get ready and won't be in trouble. She just looked at me with a little smirk and then laughed a little laugh. "I didn't really have to be here until 4:30, but Corey and Katelyn and everyone told me to tell you we had to be here at 4. They were tired of me being the last melophone to show up." Can you believe that??!! Her own friends were conspiring against me! "That's just not right" . . . but she was actually early somewhere!!! LOL

* Yesterday, I got an email from my friend Margie in Nebraska. Margie and I were best friends in junior high in Fayetteville, Arkansas, back in the (cough, cough) early 1980s. The email from her had a subject line that teased me with, "Sorry, but . . ." When I opened it up, all it said was, "Woo pig sooie!!! Quite a game, huh?" That's not just wrong--that's sorry!

A Few Scrapbook Pics



(My scrap area while I worked on the layouts I sent out to the woman I told you all about in yesterday's post. Really cool to work on that!)



(A layout I just finished of Sydney's "ball friends"--her friends Cassidy, Courtney, and Devin frm the ballpark back in the Spring. Just had to do something with these sweet photos!)

A Cute Cat Photo!

I thnk most of you pretty much know about all the human members of our family, but you may not know about our four-legged family members. We have two cats--Midnight (who is our Halloween cat, because she wandered in on Halloween night five years ago. She's black to boot!) and Chit Chat (one of Midnight's children, originally named Chit Chat Chatter Cat because she talked all the time when she was a kitten).



(Gary brought Sydney's car seat in from his truck, and Chit Chat promptly decided that THAT was the place to be! He took all of his naps in that seat today!)

Hope you all have a great Tuesday!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I'm first!! Ok, first, wayt to Mckenna for getting you there on time!! Send that to Reader's Digest! Ok, my words of wisdom and as always I may step on a few toes doing so...
1) The first Amendment grants you the right to free speech but not the right to be listened to. We as free people have the ability to not listen and tune you out.
2) Secondly, you do not have the right to be offended. If someone is doing something within the law and within their rights and not infringing on yours, you have can turn off or turn away or use your 1st amendment rights to rebuke the person but you must stay within the law and not infringe on anyone else's rights.

Anonymous said...

I apologize for my awful typing.

Anonymous said...

Ryan meant to apologize for the awful typing, not anonymous. I'm gonna be quiet now...just one of those weird mornings. Can I just delete all of this and start over?

Cindy Barb said...

My parents and grandparents taught me a lot along my path of 44 years; I still hear things they say. See if you can figure out who told me? lol

1. Never trust a man who says "trust me."

2. Beware of a man who smiles all the time, he is plotting something.

3. Is this what you want to be doing when Jesus comes?

4. Your actions speak louder than words. Do by example not by words.

5. Never do something you will be ashamed of later. It will come back to get you.

6. Friends are harder to find than boy friends.

7. A true friend will be sitting in jail with you and not bailing you out. (Just had to throw that one in there)

8. It is easier to say, "I love you", than to say "I don't like you". Becareful when you say I love you, because those are words people cherrish. Those are the most powerful three words there are and they are taken to heart

Have a great Tuesday. I am off to do a random drug screen to the employees. YAAA HOOO! Now out of 20 how many will fail? lol

Anonymous said...

We were working on a project for Nichole about great inventors back in the spring and I can't remember who the quote came from, but it's a profound one that stuck with me.

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there is not, than to live my life as if there was no God, and die to find out there is." I don't know why that stuck with me, but it is definitely true!!

OK...Here's my funny one...

Life is like a jalapeno pepper, what you do today might burn your butt tomorrow! hahahahaha

I know it's corny, but I couldn't help it! hehe

Anonymous said...

Love your random Tuesdays! LOL

Andy said...

all 19 inspirations are great but i love 9, 10 and 11.

yours are great too. the reading one especially.

and mine is something that a lot of people may say and it was something that the man that did our pre-marriage counseling said...never go to bed angry at one another. there's been a few nights where we've been up late talking it out so that we could resolve our differances before we went to sleep.

however, we've learned that the reasons many people argue is because they are one, two or all of these...it's the HALT method hungry, angry, lonley, tired. (i think the second is angry but i'm not sure.

the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

I am a worrier by nature and the one day I was worrying about something (what's new) and my friend told me, why worry - the situation is beyond your control and you worrying about it is not going to determine the outcome! Easier said than done, cause I still worry!

Then of course an old time favorite - do unto others as you would have them do unto you (well something along those lines - think I still got some sunstroke, my comprehension is worse today than it normally is!) lol

I just love your pics and specially the one with kittie winkles in the car seat. Our cat also used to jump into the seat and sleep in it, whether it was standing inside or in the car! I still have not got around to the scrapbooking but I will and then I will knocking on your door for some tips!! lol

Loved your post today, Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Have a plan in place, but be able to roll with whatever is thrown at you, look at the good in every situation.
It is there, challenge yourself to look for it.

When you are done counting all your blessings, you find you really don't have much to complain about at all.
Learn to do this daily.

GERBEN said...

OK, here is one that I had at my desk for years!

Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic by professionals.

I don’t know who said it, but it makes me feel like I can do anything if I just try hard enough.

And I love the pictures! I am such a freak about pictures! You would think that I would enjoy something like scrap booking.

Mz.Elle said...

Ohh pretty kitty!
I loved the words of wisdom.
I can't think of anything profound that hasn't been touched on here,but when I think of something I'll come back:)

Unknown said...

OK, the words of wisdom are great and here's mine. I have heard this all my life, but I like the words of Mark Twain...

Wisdom is the reward you get for a lifetime of listening when you would rather have talked. -Mark Twain

By the way, Chit Chat is a BOY. You keep saying "she". THAT'S the reason I'm not letting a surgeon anywhere below my belt!!! :)

Anonymous said...

love the list, wow, I have to save that on my computer,lol

Cheryl Wray said...

Okay, a few comments to some of your comments--

Love all of your pieces of advice! Jenn, love your jalapeno comment!

Andy--I think I get angry a lot just because I'm hungry!

New mom--hope you get over your sunstroke! (go put a cool cloth on your head!)

Kidd--you MUST scrapbook!

Gary--Look back at my post! I did call him "he" for half of it (just called him "she" on part of it. I just pretty much assume it's all women here at our house! LOL!)

scrapperjen said...

I like your random thoughts!
Great scrap pages.