But first . . . what's going on in my life right now?
* I think I gained a few pounds over Thanksgiving. My jeans were much harder to zip up yesterday!
* We had our annual Tree Decorating time at church on Sunday night and that got me in the mood for Christmas. Nothing like "Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer," "Silent Night," and a big ole decorated Christmas tree to get you in the mood!
* Things are changing down here at Bama AGAIN. We fired Coach Shula and now we're on the hunt for a new football coach. Please, get us someone BIG who can get us on the championship trail!
* All that talk is eclipsing the fact that the Bama basketball team is #7 in the country! Roll Tide! (I really need to get myself to a game soon!)
* The Dallas Cowboys are BACK!!
* Sunday was Gary's birthday and Scout sang a new version of the little add-on that my girls do to the "Happy Birthday" song. (Their version says: "You're growing old/ You've got gray hair/ You smell like a skunk/ You live in a dump.") Scout's version was: "You're going home/ You have your hair/ You smelled a skunk/ You live in a dunk." SO funny!!!! I told Gary: "At least you have your hair!"
* Why is it so hard to get back working today? I have an article that MUST get done tomorrow and I have absolutely NO motivation to do so!
* I'm SO ticked off! I'm stting here typing this and realize that I totally missed "Heroes" tonight. I've yet to miss an episode this season and I just totally forgot about it tonight! And I can't download it from itunes until after Wednesday. That sucks!
* I learned what a "Meme" is .. . which is actually going to segue you into my Random Tuesday questions for the day! (I'd heard the term "meme" used everywhere, but was clueless as to what it was. Now I know! About.com gave me this definition: "A meme is an idea, question, statement or project that is posted in one blog and answered to in many other blogs. Memes are used to propagate ideas in the blogosphere. Some blogs or web sites post memes on a daily, weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis." (And oh, by the way, "meme" is pronounced so it rhymes with "dream"! You learn something everyday, don't you?)
So, for your enjoyment--and to propagate throughout Blogsophere (I think that's where we are!)--here is a Purely Random and Fun Meme for this Random Tuesday. Just 5 fun questions to consider and answer!
(As usual, share your answers with me here or let us know where you've posted them on your own blog!)
1. If you know you're going to be spending a quiet day at home reading, watching tv, etc., do you change out of your PJs?
Change out of my pajamas (I’m weird; I can’t stay in them all day long. I also have to wash my hair and at least put on some lipstick. But I will wear some slouchy, ugly sweat pants and put my hair up in a ponytail!)
2. What do you do to pass the time on a long car trip?
Read, or play “Guess that song, artist, and year” while listening to
3. If you had to date one of the seven dwarves, who would you choose and why? (Your options are Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, and Sneezy).
4. What one thing would you recommend that everyone try at least once in their life?
A few ideas: Travel somewhere you've never traveled before, make out in a car or on the beach (as an adult!), spend too much money on dinner out!
5. If you were hosting a dinner party and were able to have one writer, one musician and one actor of your choice as guests, who would be at your table, and what would you feed them?
Gosh, that’s a hard one (and I’m going with live people, although that wasn’t really said here). I’d say: Harper Lee (author of To Kill a Mockingbird), Van Morrison (he would provide awesome dinner music and, besides, our wedding song was a Morrison song so I get all happy whenever I hear him!), and John Cusack (just so I could stare at him all dinner long). I’d feed them some really decadent items like Lobster, Crème Brulee, and some great martinis! (Or maybe I’d go with Janet Evanovich, Jimmy Buffett, and John Cusack—I can’t change him!—and have something really fun like barbecue!)
So . . . send along your answers!