A Christmas Get-to-Know You!!!
Well, I had pretty big plans for my post today. I was going to do a beautiful, awesome, amazing (or at least that's what it was in my mind!) scrapbook page based on the fun questionnaire I posted for today's Random Tuesday below. But, instead, yesterday . . . I got a killer headache (my head literally felt like it was swimming all day long, dizzy and yucky all afternoon and most of evening), I barely got anything done (I DID make supper and wash a gazillion loads of clothes--folding still to be accomplished!), and I just didn't feel like myself!
But last night I finally got this little questionnaire filled out (but it doesn't have all the bells-and-whistles that I'd planned for! sorry!) and I submit now to you as . . .
A Christmas Get-to-Know You!!
Submit your own answers, answer just one or two of them (I know it's kinda long), comment on my answers, or send us a link to your blog where you've done the quiz yourself.
I'd love to hear about all of your Christmas memories, traditions, and favorites! Here are mine . . .
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Absolutely hot chocolate! I also love hot cider!
2. Does "Santa" wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa always just set the presents out under the tree when I was a child (nothing wrapped). Now he leaves presents in three different spots in the den for the girls.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on the “formal” tree in the living room; colored lights on the more “casual” live one in the den. No lights on the outside of the house (we tried two or three years, but Gary was risking his neck trying to get them up--we have a very high roof!)
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No (although McKenna said this year that we need to, just in case some boys drop by!)
5. When do you put your decorations up? Throughout the season, really, but the living room tree, the mantle decorations, and Christmas collections usually go up right after Thanksgiving. The live tree goes up whenever we find the time to go get the tree.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? (Why can’t it be dessert? LOVE all those desserts—divinity, pies, decorated Christmas cookies!) I love all the casseroles! And I love Christmas breakfast!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I still believe!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We let the girls open up their gifts from us on Christmas Eve, then Santa comes with the rest the next morning. (We do gifts with my parents on Christmas Eve morning and then with
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? White lights, glass and silver/gold ornaments, and angel on top the artificial tree. Colored lights, more crafty ornaments, handmade ornaments, and star on top the live tree.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it! I would love to see a White Christmas!
12. Can you ice skate? I tried and was awful at it!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Don’t really remember many specific ones from childhood, but I love all the gifts I get now. My parents and in-laws always get me great presents, and Gary is an Anti-Guy because he is a wonderful gift-buyer! I am spoiled!
14. What's the most exciting thing about the Holidays for you? I love finding just the right gift for each person! And I love celebrating the TRUE meaning of the season—Christ’s birth.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? (Ahh, there's the desserts!) Decorated sugar cookies, Mom’s chocolate pie
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? A couple—our family Advent celebrations at home, exchanging gifts with
17. What tops your tree? An angel on one tree, star on the live one.
18. Which do you prefer: give or receive? I love them both!!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? “I’ll Be Home for Christmas,” “Oh Holy Night”
20. Candy Canes? Not really. Give me something chocolate instead.