Friday, April 20, 2007

Is it Friday already????

It's really hard to believe that it's Friday already. This week was the girls' Spring Break and it absolutely FLEW by. On Monday we were home recovering from Memphis; Delaney spent Monday and Tuesday nights with a friend; on Tuesday, McKenna and I did a little bit of shopping at Target and the scrapbook store (she had gift cards to both places! fun!); on Wednesday, we hung out during the day and then the girls went to a movie and Krispie-Kremeing (is that a verb? I SO think it should be!!) with friends that night; Delaney's friend came to our house Wed night and last night; yesterday, we went to the Zoo and out for snow cones; and this morning I am taking McKenna and a friend up to her Granny's house where they will fish, relax, and lie out by their pool. Tomorrow, we head up to Huntsville for another softball tournament.

Sheesh...it has really gone by fast! Fast, but fun!!! (How has your week been?)

Thought I'd share a few fun pictures from our Zoo trip yesterday. (Scout had never been to the Zoo here in town before; NOT sure how that had happened, we just hadn't made it there for some reason! But boy did she like it now that she got to go!!! My favorite comment from her was when we walked into the elephant's area and she said, slow and drawn out, "Oh...my....gosh!" She was amazed at how BIG he was!)

(A totally unrelated conversation with Scout that I had to share, because it was too funny! We were sitting at the Zoo, eating some french fries and chicken fingers, when we all got into a conversation about what we wanted to be when we grew up. McKenna started it by saying, "I want to be a surgeon." Delaney's friend Samantha said, "I wanna be a vet." and Delaney said, "I want to to be a teacher." And Scout? Well, without skipping a beat, she said, "I'm gonna be a vampire." I have NO idea!!!)

Now, back to the pics...












Thought I'd end my post today by re-introducing a Friday regular that I was doing for a while on my blog but then let it fall by the wayside. It was my Friday Impossible Question and, since I figured all of you were wondering where it went (ha!!), I thought I'd bring it back for today.

The challenge is this--take your guess at the question by posting your answer in my comments section. I will try and monitor the blog throughout the day and will come back on and edit when it looks like I have the correct answer guessed. It's a fun participation activity, so join on in!

Okay...the Impossible Question for today is--

* The average teenager has 38 of THESE. What are they?

Edited to Add Answer: He y Guys and Gals!! I have been away from the computer all day until now--partly because I had to deliver McKenna and her friend to her Granny and then meet Gary for lunch, and then partly (ugh!) because my Internet was down. (I hate it when that happens!) I wanted to pop on here earlier to say THANKS for participating in my question. You guys rock!! I loved some of the answers--pimples, MySpace friends, shoes, personalities (good one!), even condoms (Phats!), but the answer was one suggested by Pookiepie76 (otherwise known as Crazy Scrapbooking Mama!) early on. The answer was numbers stored in their cell phone! I think that is definitely true, based on all the people McKenna talks to on that phone! lol Congrats pookie!

Have a super-duper weekend everyone!!

Take a guess and a gander and we'll see who can win! (Sorry, I don't have a prize for this...just the satisfaction of knowing you were the smartest one out here! LOL)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!! We will be enjoying this beautiful weather (78 degrees again today!! yay!!) out of town for Delaney's softball tournament. Should be a fun time!

See ya soon!

34 comments:

Phats said...

Hi Cheryl!
Do the girls like their spring break so late in the year? I am not sure If I would like that or not. Our prom is a week from today(friday)

A vampire huh, you guys better start sleeping with garlic and crosses! haha. Tell your daughter that wants to be a teacher to THINK IT OVER ha JK!! :)

My guess, Condoms! BTW Purdue and Bama might play next year they are both in the Las Vegas classic in hoops

Much Ado said...

Hi sounds like you had a great week! Love the pics as always, great scrapbook pages will be on the way I am guessing, with these pics! Also Target and scrapbook store - mmm, bliss!

And in answer to your question, if it is teenage girls, I am guessing shoes!

By the way I love that you always answer commenters in your comments! it is such a lovely touch.

Jeff said...

Love the zoo pictures. In particular it was great to see flamingos. I always loved that they were right at the entrance of the zoo.

Scout wants to be a vampire?!? Wow! I trust she'll be one of the more friendly vampires (like the one who helps fight crime on Liftime's Blood Ties).

As for the weekend... well the weather has finally improved so we might get to be outside a bit, which will be nice. I, of course, will be playing a bit of hockey as always. We're thinking about going to see Hot Fuzz (a new comedy from the creators of Shaun of the Dead). Also, a friend from Calfornia is in town that we haven't seen in six or seven years. We don't get to see him for long becuase he's chaperoning 50 of his music students who are in town for a competition. But, they are visiting Ground Zero tomorrow morning and since that's across the street from where we live we can at least get together for a bit.

Oh, and thanks for stopping by and leaving some comments!

Have a great weekend! And watch out for the vampire child.

Veronica said...

haha that vampire story...funny!

My guess is saved numbers on their cell....I heard this somewhere. But it's a total guess....

Anonymous said...

What great photos. Those girls of yours are just too cute! My kiddos have next week for spring break and the highlight will be getting a new puppy the end of the week. I was going to take them to a science museum, but not in the budget like I hoped. So we will go up to the school and practice playing baseball, maybe ride the bikes if it is nice enough..oh and do some yardwork (they can't sit on their butts ALL week! LOL)

My guess on the impossible question: people they call friends on their MYSPACE page. (Even if they really don't know most of them)

Kimberly said...

Wow! Y'all have had a busy week but it looks like it was fun. Good luck this weekend and you will be in my neighborhood! Well, I think the answer to your question is shoes. I think I had that many when I was a teenager and I still do.LOL! Have a great day chick a dee!

Adrienne said...

Glad you had a good time!!! I sure want to know the anwer to this question.....lol did you get my email?

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are GREAT!! I just love those last two in the water fountain. Looks like a fun day for everyone.

Renee said...

Looks like a great day.
Answer to the question: Pimples?!?

Dawn Bibbs said...

OK...I know the answer to this question. Therefore, there is no need for anyone else to even try...are you ready??? The answer is PERSONALITIES!!!!!!!!!!! LOL And it's not just limited to teenagers. 5 year olds have about that many too :-).

Alright, enough showing the intelligent side of me...hee hee.

About this zoo thing. I wanna go! There is "supposedly" a zoo here in Atlanta. But EVERY single time I go, NONE of the animals are out and about. I could have sworn the last time we went, I saw a desk in the middle of every animal exhibit. I think they all have secretaries and you are supposed to make an appointment to see them! I mean seriously!!! We did see a bird once though, lol. My 5 year old has never been to the zoo. And I think it's because, those of us who have been, KNOW that the animals won't be there. Maybe I should call first and make sure their not all on vacation. OR, we should just go back to the aquarium, where the animals have no choice but to be available.

Sounds like you guys had a fun Spring Break. Ours was 2 weeks ago and we didn't do anything. The weather was terrible the entire week. Not to mention, Jayla was mad because she wanted to be at school. "I don't wanna break Spring! I wanna go to school!" she says :-)

Hope you guys have a great weekend. Be safe!!!

Anonymous said...

Could it be zits?

Great pictures! I love animals!

~Telah said...

You are coming to Huntsville? We should meet up...Leah, Heather, and I are near Huntsville. Of course I know you will be busy tourneying (is that a verb?) Hmm....38 memorized phone numbers in their head...or programmed in their cell phones?

Kimberly White said...

Hi Cheryl! Thanks for visiting my blog this week! I'm thinking 38 friends! Looks like you had a great week! I love the zoo ... there isn't on in Red Deer so we drive to Calgary (2 hours away) to go - planning on taking my ds there this summer! Love the "vampire" story! hee hee! Have a great day! Kim

Anonymous said...

Very cute pics....and yes sir re it's FRIDAY!

Anonymous said...

it comes and goes so quickly, great photos of Scout, she looks like she had a great time, and you look good too, lol. I did the questionaire on Greata's blog a couple of days ago,, fun!

TK Angels said...

A vampire? There must have been a movie she watched with her older sister?

Teenagers have 38 of these. I agree with cell phone numbers. But I will also say 38 different items to fix their hair, ribbons, clips, hair stuff.

Or 38 different ways to make your parents mad in one day *smile*

Take care,
Love,
Terri

Greta Adams said...

i would say EXCUSES..38 different EXCUSES...at least i know i DID ;)

Anonymous said...

Ahh, I got here too late to try my guess. But I'm sure i would have just guessed the correct answer. LOL
Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

sorry... I was suppose to update your blog and got busy at work and forgot... Coke should know I have to blog for Cheryl instead of working... but anyway.. sorry !!!

Now Cheryl's already told you the winner so there's no sense in me doing it again!!

Anonymous said...

Re: Syd, the vampire. It's nice to know that I'm having some influence on her. Mwuahahaha...

CyndiAKADisneyqueen said...

I'm thinking I am going to have to add the zoo to places I visit while in Bama. Oh and the numbers are not just with teens...my girls are still at it at 21 and 22 (lol).

Phats said...

I had 38 condoms when I was a teenager geesh I was sure I was right

Michelle said...

Looks like a great time at the zoo! and a vampire?! Wow LOL

I don't think I would have guessed #s stored in their cell phone- wow that's a lot!

Cheryl Wray said...

Phats--You just crack me up! Had to like your answer the best! lol
Jane--Well,I'm really late today at responding to everyone's comments...but I try! lol
Jeff--The Zoo was different when we went yesterday! The flamingoes were NOT in the front, but near thefront. Macaws are there now. (??) Sounds like a GREAT weekend you've got planned!
Pookiepie--You were the FIRSTwith the correct answer! yay!!
Steph--I can't believe all of us are having such late Spring Breaks. It's weird, huh?Sounds like you will have a good one, though. I thought the Myspace answer was a good one!
Kimberly--My teenage DD has that many shoes almost! LOL
Adrienne--I'm SO bad at answering email thesedays. Gotta go see what you wrote tome! lol

Cheryl Wray said...

Gin--The water area was really cool.It's in a new Kids Area; they loved it!
Renee--Ha ha! Love the pimples answer!
Dawn--Amen to the personalities!! LOL That is SO funny about the Atlanta Zoo! We've actually been there twice and there were big crowds and it was a lot of fun!! Maybe we could meet you there sometime and maybe we'd be good luck!! LOL
Amy--I love seeing the animals too!
Telah--yes, I think Tourney-ing is a word. Cause we sure do it a lot! I actually am going to have some open time in the middle of the day. I will email you about it!!
Kimberly--Teens do have a ton of friends. Mine does, at least!!! You definitelyshould go to the Zoo, even if it's two hours away. It's fun!!

Cheryl Wray said...

Jen--You sound like you're glad it's Friday! LOL
Toya--I saw your answers on Greta's blog. They were good!!!
TK--Love your answers too!!! Teens do have 38 ways tomake you mad, then make you smile..they are some kind of priceless, aren't they?
Greta--LOVE the excuses guess. ha!!
Marg--LOL I'm sure you would have had the right answer!!
GK--Sure, sure....I guess you're right. you should be working at work, huh?
Ryan--Why didn't I realize that it was YOU that was influencing her?? ha!
Phats--Too much information!!!!
Michelle--Yep, we had a FUN time!!

.tawnya. said...

I love all the zoo pictures. Looks like you had a fabulous spring break. Ours is this coming week. I cant believe that means there is already only like 6 weeks of school left! WoW!

Thanks for popping by my blog. I will make sure to check in here more often as well :)

Blessings, Tawnya

Leah said...

Great zoo pictures.... you know I went to the B'ham zoo for the first time about 3 years ago. I had never been to one before..can you believe that?? I had the same reaction over the elephants.

Bare said...

What great pictures! It looks so warm! *It's been kinda cold here, lately*

I LOVE to go to the zoo, but we don't have all of the exotic animals (like the flamingos and crocodiles) at the Knoxville Zoo (or at least they didn't the last time I was there)-- I'm kinda envious!

I'm LOVING the vampire comment. You know, kids want to be the craziest things! :0)

Hope you have a great weekend! *hugs*

Linda said...

Cheryl...I've tagged you...go to my blog and read the rules....let meknow when you post yours....

Love the pics. Looks like a beautiful day. Stop by and say hi. Linda

Lynilu said...

I love the pictures. I also love Scout's statement, "I'm gonna ve a vampire." Just what every mom wants to hear, right???

savvycityfarmer said...

This looks like so much fun...family times

Cheryl Wray said...

Tawnya--I always love popping by your blog! I need to make sure I get bythere more often! I hope you guys have a GREAT Spring Break!
Leah--We LOVE to go to Zoos and have been to a ton of them!
Miss--The Bham zoo isn't very big, but we do have some really good animals! Hope yo uhad a great weekend too!!!
Linda--Ooh, fun!! i will go there and post them probably as my Tuesday post!!
Lynilu--Scout is definitely a character! I just love waiting to see what comes out of her mouth! lol
City--It was some good times!!

AngelConradie said...

i must make a plan to go to the zoo again... we haven't been in ages!