Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekend Update...and a Scrapjack!! (and a few other creations!!)

Well, we had a very busy weekend full of softball, driving, church, and scrapbooking!! (with a little bit of blog-friend-meeting thrown in for good measure!).

Delaney had a softball tournament in Huntsville, and boy was it the perfect weekend for softball (or any other outdoor activity!). The weather was gorgeous--clear skies, sunny, and close to 80 degrees!). She and Gary stayed there overnight on Saturday, while I spent the day up there watching their pool play games and then came home so McKenna and Scout and I could be here for church on Saturday. How did it go? Well, Delaney's team (the Thunderbolts Purple) came in second place (which was really impressive, after losing 2-out-of-3 games on Saturday; they came back and made it all the way to the championshig game on Sunday and lost ultimately to a very good team!) So it was all good!

(Delaney's strength is fielding and she played 2nd all weekend. I LOVE this picture of her snagging a ball! And then after that, a pic of her with the 2nd place trophy! Good job girl!!)




While in Huntsville on Saturday, I met blog friends Telah and Leah which was very cool!! (Gary told me to be careful, as if they might actually be burly men who are just posing as scrapbookers to lure me into a dangerous situation! LOL) It was fun meeting them, although it was only for a very quick visit! They were both so sweet, and their little kiddoes were adorable!! (Leah's little Natalie is beautiful, just like she says!!)



Then, as I left them and headed back to the ballpark, I dropped by a really cool scrapbook store and found this paper. It's Elvis, and PERFECT for a layout I want to do of our trip to Memphis last weekend!



On Sunday afternoon, I dedicated some time to myself and did some scrapbooking--which I've wanted to do for a week or so and just hadn't had the time! First I decided to do my challenge layout for the Scrapjack blog! You have to "jack" a layout and come up with your own design from the inspiration layout; it's always so fun! Heidi Swapp was the inspirational gal this time around, so I know I'd be happy with this one! (I love her stuff!) This is what I came up with (the journaling is straight from this blog--what I wrote back on march 31, on Sydney's birthday)...



I also ended up doing two more pages, both dedicated to my two birthday girls. Another one of Sydney's birthday, this one appropriately called "Princess" (since she had a Princess Birthday party!!l love that Princess title, beause it's $1 foam letters I found at Michael's!) ...


And then this one was really fun!! "License to Drive" tells about McKenna getting her driver's permit on her 15th birthday (I'm sure you all remember my story of how Gary let her drive on the interstate as soon as she got her permit, although she'd NEVER driven anywhere before! lol)...


I'm really hyped to work on a few more scrapbooking pages and projects. I'm doing a little mini album using the rest of Sydney's princess birthday pictures, and I hope to work on a challenge/contest layout for Theresa sometime today.

A few other highlights from the weekend--
* Sydney getting her schedule so screwed up from traveling to Huntsville that she was up to almost 3 in the morning Sat night (Sun morning. ugh!!)
* Hating that I missed the Alabama A-Day game. This is the Spring scrimmage and the stadium was FULL with 93,000 in attendance. Hey, it's only like 130 days to football opening day!! yay!
* Watched some baseball!! My fave team is the Atlanta Braves and they are actually looking good! And Delaney loves the Red Sox, so we enjoyed watching them beat the Yankees!
* Eating Snow Cones on Friday, and Zaxby's Chicken on Saturday (two of my fave foods right now!) And, oh, Dippin' Dots on Saturday too. Yummy!

I hope all of you had a great weekend. Tell us all about it!!

This week is shaping up to be busy! On Tuesday we will celebrate Gary's dad's 60th birthday! McKenna is trying out for Color Guard this week at her school! And everything is back to normal now that Spring Break is over!

And I will see you tomorrow...when I hope to have a tag from Linda done for our Random fun!! Happy Monday!

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm here to tag you too! I'm wondering if it's the same tag as Linda's...anyway, it should be fun! Always love to read about your fun weekends and I specially loved today's post because I got to see your wonderful scrap pages! Can't wait to see the mini album :)

Anonymous said...

I just have one thing to say this Monday morning...GREAT TASTE DELANEY!!! From a Red Sox Nation Die Hard (hehe).
I don't know how you do it all Cheryl, I couldn't keep up with you if I tried! Glad to hear you had a great weekend.

TK Angels said...

What a busy weekend you had. Congrats to Delaney's softball team. You go girls!!

Happy birthday to Gary's dad. Only 60? Boy do I feel old. My FIL will be 84 *smile*

How neat that you got to meet some blogging buddies. I hope to someday do the same.

Take care and have a great Monday.
Love,
Terri

Anonymous said...

Love your pages!!!
I especially love the one about McKenna driving. The circles and arrows are cool1!

Adrienne said...

Glad you got some time to scrap! I did the same thing on Sunday!!!!

Kimberly said...

So glad you had a great time this weekend. And so you met my sweet sil Telah and Leah a good friend of mine. Wish I would of know..i could of come to the mall too. They are two sweet people. Hope you have a great week.

Lynilu said...

Cheryl, do you find time to breathe? Or have you developed a method of, oh maybe osmosis to survive? Your pace just amazes me!

Latharia said...

Oh, just delightful pages!!! Love the design & mix of colors on ALL of them! Super!!

Unknown said...

hey cheryl!!! how do you cram so much into a weekend?? man, i am lucky if I can get out of bed, have a shower, remember to feed my kids, and if they're lucky a trip to the park...LMBO!!!! okay...I am not that bad!!! but holy hannah...you're a busy, busy lady!!! Looks like the weekend was jam paked and full of good stuff!!!

The LO's are FABULOUS!!!! I love the one of Mackenna...totally cool!!

Have a fabulous week!!!

Mississippi Songbird said...

Your family has so much energy!
My son starts ball practice tonight..
We'll be running all around...lol

Have a Happy Week...

Leah said...

Those are some super cool chics in your first picture! LOL It was so great to meet you! Maybe before too long we can all get together to scrapbook.

Love your layouts! So good as always!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a super weekend! LOVE the pics of Delaney. She is some ball player!

Dawn Bibbs said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend! Delaney's team is pretty awesome, huh???

That is too funny that you found SB paper with Elvis on it. Who woulda thunk it?? lol Can't wait to see what you do with it.

The LO's are so nice. You're making me look really bad! Jayla's princess party was in November and I haven't even PRINTED the pictures yet, let alone done the first LO!!! I'm a terrible mother! :-)

Andy said...

h'ville. i can't believe you were here. i'm a h'villian (if that's what you want to call me) not originally from here but living here now. cool. looks like you guys had fun and a fun weekend.

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Looks like you had a really nice weekend.

Veronica said...

YEAH! According to your blog...I'm a smart cookie. hehe you said if I got the answer right....heheh that was an ego boost thanks girlie!

:) HAVE A GREAT WEEK.

Robin Green said...

Oh, I enjoyed my visit today. I love the names of your children and you are so talented with your scrap-booking! Those were gorgeous pages. I have an almost 15 year old who can hardly wait to drive--I don't think it will be on the interstate though!

Cheryl Wray said...

Maria--Yep, it's the same tag! It will be a fun one!!
Steph--Hee hee..Yes, she loves Boston and she was thrilled with the 4 home runs yesterday (wow!)
Tk--it was fun to meet some blog friends. Gary and I both have young parents, which is really cool!
Gin--I love making pages with circles these days!
Adrienne--Ooh, yay!! I'd love to see what you made!

Cheryl Wray said...

Kimberly--I wish we had let you know too! I would have liked tohave met you too!
Lynilu--I'm like the Energizer Bunny I guess! LOL I can't stand being bored!
Latharia--Thanks! You're so sweet!!! And thanks for poppping in!
Jessi--I think you exagerrate!! Always sounds like you accomplish so much too!!! lol
Songbird--Good luck with your son's ball!! Let us know how it goes!
Leah--Yep, a cool group of gals!! lol
Marg--Loved the pics of D too! I love watching her play ball!

Cheryl Wray said...

Dawn--LOL! That's okay, there's still time to do her birthday pages!! LOL
Andy--I didn't know you were in Huntsville! Cool!!
Anon--We did have a great weekend!
Pookie--Ha! Yep, you're one smart cookie!!!
Jennag--I'm SO glad you popped by. Come back any time!!!

Stacy said...

great jack girl !!!

~Telah said...

Busy Busy Busy! It was so fun to meet you...hope we get to see you again on NSD! I absolutely love your layouts you did. Now I wanna go scrap.

Josie said...

Busy weekend! Your pages are great, love the "license to drive" one!

Greta Adams said...

great jack!! love all the pages

Laura said...

Cheryl-thanks for stopping by my blog and showing some love.

Kim said...

I am so jealous that you know Telah. I may just have to come see you guys when my husband comes to Alabama again to visit his family! I have envied her layouts for a while now. I have a daughter named Delaney, too!

Have a great week.

Cheryl Wray said...

Stacy--Thanks! it was fun!
Telah--Yes, National Scrapbooking Day is a PLAN!
Josie--Yep, busy but good!!
Greta--Thanks! You're so sweet!
The BK--i always love to find new blogs and meet new people!!
Kim--If you're ever down our way, look us up!! I love that you have a Delaney too! Cool!

Michelle said...

how cool that you were able to meet some blogger friends!

Loreluca said...

LOVE those LOs! I can't believe she's only 15 and with a permit... makes me think of my boy, he's 12 now. WAAAAHHH!!!! They grow so fast!