Weekend Recap--Food, Family, Easter Eggs, and Hotness!
(My card reader has vanished. I think it is with Gary at work or has hidden somewhere at the house under the piles of clothes that need to be washed from this past weekend! So, no pics right now! BUT, I will post some as soon as I find the elusive card reader. I have some VERY cute pics!)
Some of my favorite moments from the weekend...
* Seeing all five of us actually dressed up for church and looking pretty good!! One thing I LOVE about my church is that it is very casual; I never wear pantyhose and usually wear pants. My girls like it too, because they are very laid-back girls. Getting Sydney to keep her hair up in any semblance of a fashionable style is NOT easy! So, Easter is kinda nice because we all make an effort to look pretty. Sydney wore a hat ALL DAY LONG and was so cute!
* McKenna winning her softball game on Saturday! We don't regularly play on Saturdays, but we had a Fun Day at the park (with inflatables, moonwalks, etc.) so the girls both had games. Delaney lost by 1 (don't even get me started!!! Because of my high level of frustration, I refuse to say anything more!), but McKenna's team won by 1 to the best team in the league. Awesome fielding, great hitting, and an exciting ending! It was GOOD!
* Easter baskets! My Gary is such a sweetie for many reasons. But one of the main ones is that he knows I really am like a kid in the fact that I love holidays, celebrations, and any reason to party and have fun!! So, he always gets me an Easter basket! This year, mine had the new Toby Mac CD (love him!), my favorite hazelnut chocolates, and some gourmet chocolate eggs. Wonderful!
* I got my hair cut on Friday and it is quite different; shorter and what I like to call "jaunty" (ha!). I got so many compliments on it that I began to realize i must have looked really BAD before! LOL My favorite compliment was from a good guy friend: "Is it wrong at church to tell you that you look hot with your new haircut?" Ha! I told him there was nothing wrong whatsoever with that and to keep the hot comments coming!
* Food!!! At my parents' for lunch we had smoked ham, mashed potatoes, candied potatoes, green beans, corn on the cob, salad, fruit salad with fresh whipped cream, yeast rolls, apple pie, and sour cream pound cake with strawberries. Yummy!! Then at Gary's parents for supper (yep, we ate again!!), we had barbecued ribs, cole slaw, baked beans, salads, and strawberry cake. Yummy again!!
Coming up this week...
* I'm battling the passport office. They screwed up McKenna's application and i'm trying to get it remedied for her (since she leaves for Europe in less than two months!)
* We're praying for warming weather. We froze out tootsies off this weekend, but it's supposed to be warmer by Wednesday (although raining!)
* Heading to Memphis next weekend. We leave on Friday for a softball tournament with Delaney's travel team. Amongst the games we also hope to go to Beale Street, eat some barbecue, enjoy the indoor swimming pool, and check out Graceland. Fun!!
Hope you all had a GREAT Easter weekend!!! Hope to have some pics up soon (so check back later!!)