Saturday, July 28, 2007

Unpubbed scrapbook layout challenge...

Hope all of you are having a WONDERFUL weekend!! For the second weekend in a row, we are doing things low-key (in anticipation of the very busy softball weekend next week, and then all of school coming up!). We have played Scrabble (Sydney played, making such priceless words as "utu" and "iwaaj"), I watched a movie "just for me," and I slept late. Good times!!

Okay, I admit it...I also did a little bit of scrapbooking too. (Yay!)

I did my take on the scrapbook layout challenge at Unpubbed. I love to do these every week and enjoyed the inspiration this time!

This was the challenge layout...

And this is the one I created...

The really cool news with this one is that it's doing double-duty! My sister-in-law's birthday is this Tuesday and I'm going to do something with this layout as one of her birthday gifts!! (That's her with my brother, Christopher--who had his back surgery yesterday, by the way, and is still dealing with some pretty rough pain, but getting better!--and their two adorable boys. (My cute, cute nephews!!) This is my favorite picture of the four of them, so I hope she likes what I did with it!

Now...back to your regularly scheduled weekend program. See ya again soon!!

13 comments:

Adrienne said...

Glad you are having a low key weekend!!! AND glad you got to scrapbook!! We need to schedule something for us SOON! LOL

Andrea Frazer said...

Ah, scrapbooking. I'm more like the only non-Harry Potter person on the planet right now. I should call my life right now "crap booking".

Loreluca said...

Surely she will love it! If she doesn't, you can always send it to me, I'll use it! (hehe!)
Sounds like your kids there are creative with the English language... sounds perfect to me!

Jill LaFaye said...

Very sweet page! Have you been working on "automatic" yet? I have a page working in my head..Ha! I haven't even taken the photos for it yet..not sure if I will get it done in time..but I am trying.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh i love that layout! Great job!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how fun! Love the kind of week-end you are describing. LOL, will have to remember the word "utu", in my next scrabble game! Glad you have had movie time, and chill time for the whole family. I really like your LO's. Oh, I'll bet your "therapy" brings some yummmmo results! And what a wonderful, and timely gift your other LO will be for your sister-in-law. They will no doubt love it!

So glad you are visiting my blog. Thanks so much for your sweet comments. You have tremendous insight!

Have a wonderful Sunday! :-)

Susie said...

Cheryl,
She will love this. You are so very gifted :)
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
hugs!

Dawn Bibbs said...

What a great LO you did! Very nice!

I must say that I'm shocked that you are having a low key weekend...that's SO unlike you :-). Enjoy it!

TK Angels said...

Love the scrapbook pages. I just wish I had the time and the room to scrap. I think after baseball has subsided I may go to a scrapbooking store and scrap at least one night a week.

Take care,
Love,
Terri

~Nancy~ said...

Love the layout.. you absolutely ROCKED the Junkitz papers here!! Love love love it!!!!! (BTW, Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!!!) Have a great day! Hugs!!

Jude said...

Looks great girl!!

Just Me Again said...

I love your layout! FABULOUS my friend, just fabulous...

Adriann said...

Cheryl,

Love the poem!!!! Very real and honest. Great LO's as usual too! Enjoy the week!