In My World on this Friday...
First off, it is HOT!!!!!! We have had ten straight days of weather over 100 degrees--which broke a long-standing record for our state! (We are used to it being very hot here in Alabama, but usually we're battling 90-something degrees and stifling humidity. For the last two weeks, it's been hovering at or over 100 degrees.)
When I picked up the girls from school yesterday, I had to drive without the air conditioning on (my car is giving me fits and I sometimes have to keep the ac off to keep it going well. Another story entirely, but one I'm trying not to get discouraged about!!) and when we got out at a store to buy S a candy bar (her treat for being home with me all day yesterday while I researched for several articles I'm doing and worked on some scrapbook pages for a class I'll be teaching--NOT fun in her book!) we went inside and just soaked up the cold air!!!
So, we're bravely battling this heat!!
Also going on...
* I'm thinking of how to make High School Musical 2 cupcakes!!!
* I can't wait to scrap tonight with Adrienne! She said she wanted to scrap until she passed out! Looks like it might be a long night!
* I'll be at Scrapbook Mania tomorrow for a Get-to-Know-You time. If you live in the Bham area, drop by the store between 3 and 5 and meet some of the designers, bring some stuff to work on, and eat some pizza!
* Loving my blog friends! Maria made my day with her post (but she's way too sweet--I credit that for not knowing me in person!! lol); Mama P's comment on yesterday's post cracked me up (something about naming her next child Delaney if she ever managed to have sex again!); and sharing football excitement and anticipation with Phats and Mandy (who have been providing me with almost daily fixes of football videos to get me so pumped up!). I am loving meeting so many of you--new friends every day it seems--and just anticipate coming on every morning and seeing comments from all of you!
* Wishing I had my card reader right now! I did a layout last night that I think is my current favorite!! I really love it and want to share it with you! It is for the One Little Word challenge and is based on an awesome word--"Seek"!! Pop back in later this afternoon and I hope to have it up.
* Really craving some chocolate! (but ooh...i forgot i'm making cupcakes...yay me!)
* Wishing you all a happy Friday and weekend!!!