Friday, October 05, 2007

Fun Little Mini Album & Some Scrappy Inspiration

(But first...oh yeah, they did do the Soulja Boy and the Cha Cha slide dances last night at Delaney's middle school dance. In fact, I think they were both done TWICE. She had SO much fun, her throat is hoarse this morning, and I was thrilled because she actually acknowledged me during the dance while I kinda wandered around all chaperone-like to make sure no bodies were jiggling a little too wildly! So, the first middle school dance was a BIG success and Delaney is still basking in the glow of making the newcomb team. Everything is good in Delaney Land today!)

Now...how about some scrappy creations?

First off, let me share a few shots of a mini album I made to preserve what I like to call "Sydney-isms." These are the funny little things that Sydney says that pretty much keeps me (and the family, and total strangers) in complete stitches!





I kept it real simple and easy, which is my favorite way to create anything! Used a fun circle album by Close to my Heart, some fun patterned papers by Deja Views. And then I just tore little slips of green notebook paper, inked the edges, and journaled on them. And then just wrapped some ribbosn around the handle. Super easy, but just a great way to capture the memories!

(It includes such "classics" as Sydney telling everyone about her and her family's super powers...singing G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S in Walmart and other public places...saying "Holy Gosh!"...saying that pirates say "Arrr.Twick or Tweat" at Halloween...calling her sisters La La and Pia...good stuff!)

Last night I actually completed three more page layouts, including the latest One Little Word challenge. But, I haven't scanned them yet...so, I will probably upload them sometime this weekend.

Now, since I've been in a sorta scrappy mood and I know a lot of my blog buddies who scrap love to find time on the weekend to work on pages, I thought I might give you a couple of ideas to jumpstart your creativity.

If your creative juices are running low this weekend, try a few of these ideas (these all come from Scrapbook Play, my new favorite scrap magazine that I'm totally getting SO many ideas from. And, in fact, I'm going to challenge myself to do at least one or two of these this weekend too!)

~ Use a blog entry for journaling on a page.

~ Compare pictures of you as a baby, with similar pictures of your children. Use the pictures are a jumpstart for your feeling about growing up, having a family, and change.

~ Put memorabilia on a page (ticket stub, brochure, newspaper clipping, etc.)

~ Create a monochramatic page (all one color, although using different shades of that same color) with ONE extra pop of a second color.

~ Use a fun quiz to inspire your photo selection and journaling. (The magazine itself provides some fun quiz options, but you know what else would work? Any of my fun Random Tuesday question & answers!)

~ And, finally, and this isn't from Scrapbook Play...Go to Unpubbed and "lift" my layout this week. The deadline for that is Monday!

(If you decide to take my challenge and use any of these prompts for pages this weekend or anytime soon, pop on the comments section and let me know.I'd love to see them!!)

I hope you all have a CREATIVE weekend!!

And if you are not a scrapper, I just hope it's a GREAT one!!!!

My plans? High school football tonight. Going to Alabama's Homecoming game tomorrow (Delaney's going with me, because McKenna is busy all day long with a Band/Color Guard competition) and Gary is working on fixing up McKenna's car. She turns 16 in almost 6 months!). AND...enjoying my new DVR (the cable guy is supposed to be showing up at "any moment" and I am beyond excited!!!! I can record a whole sesaon of "Heroes," catch up on shows that I'm never home to watch, record anything with the name "John Cusack" in it, and watch even more sports than I do now! lol)

So...I will see you on Monday!!!!!

26 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Glad Delaney had a good time at the dance! Have fun at the football game! Your scrapping is fabby!

Anonymous said...

That little book is SO cute. Have a really fun weekend.

Linda said...

Love the mini albumn, just adorable. I wish I was a scrapper when Kaitie was little, she said some hilarious things. Love your inspiration ideas, thanks for sharing those.

Mississippi Songbird said...

I love that little book.. It's adorable..
God Bless and Happy weekemd!

Stacy said...

cute little mini love it !!!!!

Cheryl Wray said...

Patti--Everything worked out great! And thanks!!

Gin--Thanks! You too!

Linda--That's whatI love about scrapping! It's such a great, immediate way to preserve such things!

Songbird--Thanks!! You have a happy weekend too!!

Stacy--Thanks!!

Adrienne said...

Very cute! Jaelyn didn't fall asleep until after 11. You know that is almost unheard of! LOL

Stylin said...

Hi Cheryl,
Saw you on Garys blogroll and decided to visit!That is a beautiful scarp book.
Glad Delaney had fun.

~Nancy~ said...

Wooww.. your mini album is sooo cute and perfect!!!! My hands are itching to scrap something too after looking at your beautiful work!!! Have a great great weekend! XOXO

*Paint & Ink Chick* said...

'm bouncing on my toes, watch me supasoak that OHHH, LOl & Yep Cheryl I can do the Souja boy, Crank that lol. Love the mini album (hugs)

Anonymous said...

love the minibook! have a super weekend, cheryl!

Dawn Bibbs said...

What a cute little album. My goodness, if I did one of those of Jayla, it would be 6 inches thick! :-)

Those scrapbooking ideas are great. Actually, one of them I did a year or so ago. I did a LO of me as a baby with my girls...I called it "Familiar Faces". Pretty darn cool.

Well, it looks like you too have a busy weekend planned. Hope you have fun! Love ya!

Edleen said...

what a cute and sweet album!

Thanks for sharing some inspiring tips Cheryl.

have a fun weekend! :)

TK Angels said...

I am also glad Delany had fun at the dance!! Ahh- to be young again :)

Have fun at the game-I know you will.

Take care,
Love,
Terri

Melissa said...

cute mini book :) and yay for Delaney having a good time at the dance!

have an awesome weekend!

Dettao said...

Cute little book. Around here, it is Texas-OU weekend. Really fun stuff. Enjoy your weekend.

Danielle said...

WOW...I adore that little album :)

AngelConradie said...

i love your ideas cheryl! my mom and i are scrapping next friday and i'm taking your ideas with me!

Anonymous said...

Oh you are so talented!

Deborah Fantasia said...

I love that little book you made, what a great idea !

Sheila said...

What a great mini-book and Thanks for sharing your ideas.

Unknown said...

Awwwwwww! I remember those dances! Girls on one side, boys on the other. Nobody dancing until the really popular songs came on. I think it was "Rapper's Delight" by the Sugarhill Gang, that got us all out on the floor!

I guess I am really dating myself aren't I? ROFL!

Your book full of Sydney-isms is adorable! I wish I had kept something like that when my kids were small.

Mandy said...

What a cute subject for a mini album! Congrats on being a "famer"...that's cool.

scrappermimi said...

What a great little album, so many great details!

Anonymous said...

What a cute mini! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Just Me Again said...

I love the ideas you shared! Isn't that Play issue just fabulous! I took it with me during my camping trip so I could go over it again...I almost feel like scraplifting every single prompt! So cool indeed.

Your circle mini album is FANTASTIC! Sooo so cute! Thanks for sharing!!!