Tuesday, October 30, 2007
HAPPY HALLOWEEN from our Family to Yours...
As promised, here are some photos from the Halloween party we had Sunday night. Gary's parents hosted the party for about 30 teenagers from our youth group. We had SO much fun and the highlight had to be dressing up! It is my favorite part of Halloween and I look forward to costumes every year!
I CANNOT wait to scrapbook some of these! (I *heart* the colors and the expressions and the happiness that pops out from them!)
Over the years, Gary and I have been Captain Caveman & Cavewoman, a Pirate & his Pirate Wench, a Gangster & Moll, Two Old Men, and more others than I can even remember. Here we are as Little Red Riding Hood & the big Bad Wolf (Sydney did NOT like Gary's costume!)...
Kim Possible, Lola Lufnagle (from "Hannah Montana"), and a Retro Witch. (Is Sydney's wig not the CUTEST?)...
(the girls told me to do a "Myspace" pic and that's what I did. LOL Not necessarily my BEST look!)
A few pictures from the party...
(oh yeah...they went there!)
And, of course, there was FOOD!! You know how I am all about food--especially sweets--so I made Ghost Cookies, homemade Caramel Pop Corn (to die for!; I literally sat there and ate spoonfuls of the caramel syrup mixture), and Monster Cupcakes...
And well, I guess it is Random Tuesday--not just Photo Overload Tuesday! LOL So...how about joining in some quick Halloween Fun for our comment-and-share-time today. If you are so inclined, answer these in my comments section or let us know that you're posting the answers on your own blog.
* Are you dressing up this Halloween? (I think you already saw evidence of my costume!!)
* If you have kids, are they dressing up? (Ditto. You've already seen my fun, very pink kids this year!)
* Do you have memories of a specific costume from your childhood? (I remember dressing up in those old plastic masks when I was little. Remember the costumes that came in a box with a plastic "dress" and hard mask? Oh how I loved them! And then in college we had some GREAT parties with excellent costumes. My favorite was one year when my two roommates and I were the Witches of Eastwick. Fun, fun!)
* If you could have any candy put in your Halloween basket, what would it be? (Cmon now, you know you do it! You pick out the good candy and hide some for later. At least I do! lol My fave candy in the basket would have to be anything Hershey's. You know, the "real" chocolate!)
* Fill in the blank: "Trick or treat____________________." (Of course we know the old stand-by, "Smell my feet; give me something good to eat." And I really loved Sydney's last year when she was a pirate: "Aargh. Give me some candy.")
Have a great Tuesday and a fun-filled Halloween (if I don't pop in here before then). Remember: "Life is a treat. Eat candy, rinse, and repeat." (Hey, I just wrote that and I SO think that could go on a Halloween card! LOL)