Friday, November 02, 2007

The biggest of the biggest games (well, at least so far!)...

While I sit here watching Sydney eat her breakfast macaroni and cheese (yep, forget Fruit Loops or Pop Tarts; she would eat it every morning for breakfast if she could. All I can say is 'Thank goodness for Easy Mac!'), I am going through a list of things to look forward to this weekend.

Let's see...

I have to take Delaney to softball practice tonight (she usually practices on Tuesday, but had to change schedules this week; and we usually have a high school football game on Friday night with McKenna, but played last night instead. We won, btw, 42-14 and are heading to state playoffs next week).

We may go to a movie at the dollar theatre after practice.

I have to prepare for leading Children's Church this coming Sunday.

I want to work on a scrapbook project or two (a mini book I'm doing on Delaney's great softball season last year, plus some Halloween pages).

But, really, all of this is just Fill Time until the BIG event of the weekend...

Yep, it's the BIGGEST Alabama football game of the season so far! We are facing #3 LSU and it's been building up for two weeks around here since both teams had off-weeks last week.

The game really should be about the fact that the two of us are TIED for first place in the SEC West and whoever wins this game can pretty much make it to the SEC championship game if they take care of the rest of the season. But it's become much more than that. It's become something akin to a Battle Royale betwen the two coaches, Miles and Saban (in case you care nothing about sports and don't keep up with these things, Saban used to be the coach at LSU and led them to a national championshop; now he's at Bama and his arrival was like the Second Coming here!). Personally, I like what Saban is doing for the program; he's got the players toughened up and has us believing in the future. But really...it's all about the players and what we could accomplish with a win tomorrow!

Personally, on paper, it looks like we should get whipped. And we very well might! But...if that DOESN'T happen and we could sqeak out a win, HOLY COW would that be huge!

And the best news is...

I WILL BE THERE!!

Yep, I'm heading off to another Bama game tomorrow and you all know how much I love that! I'm also really excited because McKenna finally gets to go to a game with me. We get home tickets every year and since everyone knows that I am the REAL fan in the family (LOL), I go to each game and everyone else fights over who's going with me. Delaney's already been to two and so has Gary. McKenna has had color guard competitions every other week and this is her first chance to go. She's excited, because she ended up getting the LSU game.

So...if you are a sports fan, tune us in at 4 on CBS. If you don't like sports, at least cross your fingers for us! And if you really want to be supportive, yell ROLL TIDE really loud.

And I have to say, that I personally think we are apretty classy group of fans...except when it comes to rubbing it in after a win! I am not a curser; my Daddy taught me well, that cussing is a sign of a lack of a vocabulary; I teach my girls the same thing...so the only time I ever let one cut loose is during this lovely tradition at our football games. (Although with McKenna with me tomorrow, it will be "heck" because I do have to be a role model for her. But inside I'll be saying it! lol) This video is from the Tennessee game two weeks ago and the sad thing is that I can't find evidence of one of these against LSU on youtube (which means it's been a long time since we've been able to rub it in against them!). Maybe this week...



Have a GREAT weekend!!! If we win, you'll hear from me tomorrow night! If not, I'll see ya Monday!! Either way...it's all good!

(And, hey, go visit my friend Adrienne and wish her a Happy Birthday! She is my next-door neighbor, Crafter Extraordinairre, and Sweetie to boot. And she's turning 30! I know, just a baby!)

22 comments:

Mississippi Songbird said...

Have fun and stay safe..I hope you win!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Unknown said...

Good luck!!!!!! Hope you win!
I love the dollar theathre

Edleen said...

Have fun! Enjoy the weekend :)

scrappermimi said...

Your house sounds like my house always has something revolving arounds sports going on. Congrats on the playoffs and enjoy the game this weekend!

Nina Diane said...

I hope you have a wonderful time at the game.....and WIN!
don't forget the other big game of the weekend. Our boys are playing Phila.....in Phila! Ughhh....I know those fans are going to be brutal. I sure hope our defense has been working hard and that McNabb has a bad day!

Monogram Queen said...

Have a wonderful time! How great Mckenna gets to go to this one!

Unknown said...

Go Cowboys!!! Pluck those Philley Chickens!!!

Roll Tide Roll!!!

Theresa Tyree said...

What an exciting tomorrow you have planned!!! I will cross my fingers for Bama. Now if they were playing UT, that'd be a different story! Hee hee!!

Josie said...

Fun exciting weekend!
Have a great time at your Bama game.

Phats said...

Mac N Cheese sounds awesome right now

I did my part Cheryl I picked against ya. I have a confession and I hope I don't get banned or delinked, but I have never in all his coaching career liked Nick Saban. When he was in the big ten he thought he was God's gift to coaching and it rubbed a lot of fans the wrong way. We always beat him so I was sad when he left. That being said, I am still rooting for Bama, and hope for your sake it's a Tide Runaway so you can stay away from hiding out :)

ROLL TIDE
BOILER UP

Unknown said...

Sounds like you have a FULL weekend planned!

Have lots of fun at the game! I hope you come home with another win!

P.S.

The Caramel Apple Pops are now available all year long in some stores. You can find them at Walmart (at least that is where I found mine) but they are with the regular bags of candy. Not in with all of the Halloween stuff anymore. Let me know what you think of them!

NY KAT said...

I'm going to the Arkansas vs. South Carolina game tomorrow...Go HOGS! Have a good wknd!

Andrea Frazer said...

Okay, can I just say that I love the spirituality behind games. Yes, there is some: the getting together, the rooting for each other, the praying that the team will win. The only thing I hate about the games is the games themself. Let it be known: I HATE FOOTBALL!

But man, I have always wanted to wear a cute little shirt like the one of you with your hubby in the red Alabama tee. A matching couple - so sweet and ra ra RAAAAA! Instead, it's always Rex in his suit and me in a thrift store shirt and oversized jeans. Ah, well.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Heyhey, Cheryl! Long time no 'see'. Saw you comment on someone's blog (can't remember now whose) and clicked to here. I made a new blog and lost your link sometime this year. Looks like you're doin' good. Your girls are growing up fast. Mine's off at college now, majoring in Journalism! Hey, stop by my place and say hey! Hope your team won (can you tell I'm not that into any of it? LOL)

Aimeslee xoxo
Aimeslee's Blog

Charlotte said...

I hope you win! Have tons of fun and enjoy the game! :-)
I'm not much of a sports fan, but I loved readning your post this time - so full of joy and excitement!

Have a GREAT weekend!

Adrienne said...

Thanks for the bday wishes!!!!! I hope for your sake that Alabama wins...if not you KNOW Tony is going to let you have it! LOL

Jacquie said...

My girls woke me up and had "made" their own brekkie, leftover pizza from last night LOL. Whatever works somedays is my philosophy

Have great weekend.

Adriann said...

Hope Alabama wins! I haven't even checked the score. LOL!!!

Kelly said...

sorry about the game. what a heartbreaker.

Jenster said...

I'll cheer for the Tide until they play the Razorbacks. Sorry! :o)

Dawn Bibbs said...

Oh my goodness, Cheryl, I can't believe I forgot to comment on this. Do you know that Jayla eats Easy Mac & Cheese 5 out of the 7 days in the week??? Now I see that you and I keep the Kraft microwave pastas dept in business :-). It seems that we find more and more similarities in our daughters every day! TOO FUNNY!!!

Hope you had a fun weekend.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the comments! good luck on the album draw! so excited for you guys and your upcoming game! have a ton of fun!