a delicious blueberry cobbler.
I've been going crazy with my bunches of blueberries frozen up from over the Summer. Blueberry muffins, blueberry banana bread, french bread with blueberries on top. (It seriously sounds like I will also be adding Blueberry Poundage to my thighs, as a result of all of these culinary creations!)
Last night, I took blueberry cobbler to our gals' Bunko Night. I've made cobbler before, but wanted to try a new recipe. I found this one on AllRecipes and it was fantastic.
Very Best Blueberry Cobbler
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup white sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Lightly grease an 8 inch square baking dish. Place the blueberries into the baking dish, and mix with vanilla and lemon juice. Sprinkle with 1 cup of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of flour, then stir in the tablespoon of melted butter. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1 3/4 cups of flour, baking powder, and 6 tablespoons sugar. Rub in the 5 tablespoons butter using your fingers, or cut in with a pastry blender until it is in small pieces. Make a well in the center, and quickly stir in the milk. Mix just until moistened. You should have a very thick batter, or very wet dough. You may need to add a splash more milk. Cover, and let batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spoon the batter over the blueberries, leaving only a few small holes for the berries to peek through. Mix together the cinnamon and 2 teaspoons sugar; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is golden brown.
And oh yeah--
I did think of one thing better than homemade blueberry cobbler.
Homemade blueberry cobbler with Blue Bell's Homemade Vanilla ice cream on top.
(Seriously, I had this for breakfast--and then again for a 9:00 am snack--this morning.)